I can't believe I FINALLY can post on this board!! :)

Nikke2003
on 6/14/14 10:21 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

This moment is surreal for me! I have been lurking on this board for a VERY long time and I'm so excited to finally be a poster!! After over 18 months and 250 lbs lost, I have SCHEDULED plastic surgery with Dr. Joseph Capella in New Jersey! I am SO excited!

Dr. Capella will be doing a lower body lift, extended arm lift, and breast lift for me on Thursday, September 25th. I couldn't be more excited! I am excited to see the pretty good body (in my opinion) that is lurking underneath this skin! Dr. Capella was such a kind and genuine man, and he actually seemed excited about being able to give me a great result. We shall see how it goes, but for now... I'm finally letting myself get excited about the possibility of putting my body back together LOL!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

RobynJC
on 6/14/14 10:50 pm

Good luck to you.  So VERY exciting!  You will love discovering that new you

MyBariatricLife
on 6/15/14 12:23 pm

Congratulations! How did you come to choose Dr. Capella? Plastic surgery is an amazing thing to do for oneself. You can read all of the wonderful stories here and on RealSelf but nothing can prepare you for the joy you will experience when you achieve your ultimate results.

I am having my final surgery with Dr. C on September 29 for breast implants. I had the upper and lower body lifts and medial thigh lift with him last year and I am now wearing size 2 jeans. Never did I imagine I would get so small.  Plastic surgery was the best thing I ever did for myself. I love my body.

Good luck!

BTW if you click through to my profile page you can access links to my articles about my plastic surgeries with Dr. Capella. They may help to prepare you for what you are about to experience. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Nikke2003
on 6/17/14 4:56 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I read a lot about Dr. Capella on this site - and a lot of your posts while you were going through the process. I decided to do more research online and also take a look at all of his pictures. I put him on the list for consultation and when I met him, I was just blown away! He has really great results and his bedside manner is just fantastic! I was happy with the quote - much less than a less skilled doctor here near where I live... and I was happy to hear that he could do three procedures in 6 hours. The other doctor was only going to do a LBL and Arm Lift and take him 11! Yikes!

You look really great! I hope I have similar results. I'm struggling right now with keeping realistic expectations - because I don't know what is realistic!! I mean, he pulled and pushed my skin around during the consult... but it's still hard to imagine what I will look like when it's all said and done. I'm having a hard time envisioning it... I really hope I'm happy with the results!

Good luck with your upcoming surgery! You look great!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

MyBariatricLife
on 6/17/14 6:59 am

Ha! I am glad my I formation was helpful to you. What procedures are you having done? 

Thank you for the very nice implement about my results. I will be following your journey with great interest. Have you been on RealSelf? It is a nice place to blog about your journey all in one spot. I like to sometimes to back and read my journey as it happened blow by blow, and also look at the photos transforming over time.

of course, OH is a great site, but I like that I am able to look at my transformation on one web page on RS.

good luck!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Tracy D.
on 6/16/14 3:48 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Nikke - what is involved with an "extended" arm lift?   Does it address the side boob skin and the back rolls of skin? 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

emelar
on 6/17/14 2:39 am - TX

If it's the same as my doc described it, it started with the anchor cut under the breast and then extends all the way through the underarm and down the arm to the elbow.  Yes, it addresses the dreaded side boob!

Tracy D.
on 6/17/14 2:56 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Thank you!  What surgery addresses the saggy rolls of skin that are left on my back?  They used to be very full rolls of fat and there's probably still a little trapped in there.  But even if I had lipo I'd still be left with significant skin on the back.

Does the lower body lift take care of that when everything is pulled tight or does it require another surgery??

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

emelar
on 6/17/14 3:18 am - TX

The upper back rolls are dealt with in an upper body lift.  You may see some improvement with the LBL because they are pulling down as well as up, but not much.

Tracy D.
on 6/17/14 3:29 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Damn, might as well just call me Mrs. Frankenstein because I'll be one large road map of scars! (if I can ever afford it all) 

Most Active