Breast asymmetry following lift and implants

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/9/14 10:34 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

I know it is still quite early out - one week since my breast lift and implants but one (left) breast is definitely slightly larger than the right. And the nipple is not on the same level - about one cm difference. My surgeon said to wait for a couple of months before the final result is visible. I am wondering if this is something that happens normally and settles later or if I should think of a corrective measure already? The size is the same as it was before, I fit into all my old bras but don't have to fold and stuff anymore! Has anyone had this happen and what did you do? I know I started out with a bit of asymmetry already so maybe this is just the way I am meant to be. I would think though that with plastics its something that can and should be corrected. Pictures are in my plastics album.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

emelar
on 6/9/14 11:19 pm - TX

Like every ps, your two sides won't heal evenly. My guess is that the asymmetry you see will resolve itself. But the asymmetry may well have been there before - I know my breasts aren't identical - and I don't know whether surgeons strive for identical. 

And it looks like you're having another remarkable recovery!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/9/14 11:33 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

I think it was there before also. If I look at my before picture, I can see it. I am pretty much fully back to normal now. He removed the external stitches on my groin scars which he says he normally leaves in for 15 days. I am on day 7... and my scars look like they are fully closed and again no scabs or anything. I am made for this.. lol!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

jeterway
on 6/10/14 2:37 am

I had a complete reconstruction due to a prophylactic mastectomy.  My right breast was slightly smaller than the left.  I was willing to live with it at the time.  However, when I had my arms done, I asked if we could attempt to even them out some.  Since we were doing lipo anyway, the PS injected some of the fat into the right and they look pretty even now.  So there probably are some adjustments that can be made.

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/14 9:21 am

Some asymmetry can always be possible but it is way too early for the final result will only be in about a year. The asymmetry can usually be adjusted if it still exists under local anesthesia in the office.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/10/14 12:55 pm, edited 6/10/14 3:37 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Did you have a look at my plastics album in my profile? The breast pictures are there, before and after. I realize that its too early at this stage but you know how hard it is to be patient once we do this...we want that perfect body as soon as we wake up from surgery!

edit: I am not bothered so much by the tiny size difference as by the difference in the height of the nipples. That shows in a Tshirt in a very clear way and that bothers me. I hope that this works itself out as well in the course of the settling of the breasts and implants. A year seems quite long to wait for final results!

Most Active