One week post op (abdominoplasty)

marianthelibrarian
on 6/5/14 1:23 am

I'm one week post-op today from my circumfirential fleur-de-lis abdominoplasty, and I'm doing well! I got two of my four drains out today, and I'm not having any pain. I'm taking it easy at home and trying to get things moving again to relieve the gas/bloating I'm experiencing. I'm hoping my last two drains come out on Monday. I'm surgeon doesn't want me to shower until all the drains are out, and sponge baths are getting old! :)

Lapband 4/2005:  342HW, 202LW
RNY 7/30/2012: 292HW, 276SW

Jessica O.
on 6/5/14 2:33 am - Ann Arbor, MI

That's awesome!  I'm so glad things are going well!  Did your surgeon tell you to get a compression garment or do you just have a binder?  At my pre-op, my surgeon didn't mention a compression garment.  Although the nurse provided me a compression garments order form and mentioned to ask for a second binder at the hospital.  

Are you able to get your protein in?  What have you been eating?  Pictures yet?  I'm so excited!! 

marianthelibrarian
on 6/5/14 10:45 am

I'm just in a binder. I've been having protein shakes, Greek yogurt, egg salad, and such.  I don't have room for much. I doubt I'll be posting pictures- we'll see! But I am happy to look down and see no belly there!

Lapband 4/2005:  342HW, 202LW
RNY 7/30/2012: 292HW, 276SW

pinkpeonies
on 6/7/14 4:04 am
VSG on 04/23/12

Sounds like you're doing great! And just a couple days behind me (my surgery was 5/27). Isn't it awesome to look down and see no belly? It's so weird taking a shower and not having to rinse soap from under the hangy belly part--there's nothing hanging anymore (well, except the breasts and bat wings...but hoping to get those taken care of later this year). I am NOT used to looking down and seeing pubic hair and then my toes, lol. The stuff in the middle used to be hidden by the rolls. I used to take such care to avoid letting anyone really see anything of my stomach, trying to hide the rolls beneath looser shirts. It is so freeing to think I will be able to wear more fitted shirts for exercise (and everything else) and not have to worry about being ashamed of all the loose skin with cellulite bumps. :)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

5/27/14 - Extended abdominoplasty with hernia and diastasis recti repair

12/20/14 - Breast reduction/mastopexy with bra line back lift

Most Active