Consultation with Dr. Capella

Nikke2003
on 6/8/14 5:52 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Exactly! Way more exciting and way more scary.... I am really really trying not to get too excited though because I want to keep realistic expectations... although I guess I don't know what kind of results are realistic? lol.... The summer cannot go by fast enough (never thought I would say that!)

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

pineview01
on 6/3/14 7:28 am - Davison, MI

My surgeon only had me use the face binder for the first week.  He told me he doesn't use them for thigh lifts.  I did by two and after the bleed he said it would help with that swelling.  I really didn't have that much swelling until the complication. My left leg hasn't had any swelling after the first week.  He also showed my how the compression garment works and why he doesn't require them but, says go ahead if they make you feel better.

Mine also doesn't recommend the silicone tape that most do so I did an experiment.  I used the tape on the long straight part but not the last 6 inches as it wasn't healed totally and it need to be healed to use the tape. Those last 6 inches are now closed and thin and white.  Where I used the tape all the time is thicker and purpler.  Just my limited experience.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

pineview01
on 6/3/14 7:21 am - Davison, MI

MyBariatricLife used him.  Click on one of her post and in her sig is a link to her surgeries with him.  Also is you read thru her old post that are Non face surgeries, she has a lot to say about him

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

luvstar0613
on 6/3/14 7:28 am - NY
VSG on 06/03/13

Thanks! I will!

*Alana*   HW: 277.3, SW:267.8 

Pre Op: -9.5, M1: - 21.8, M2: -12.8 M3: -11.4 M4: -12.7 M5:-13 M6: -8.4 M7 - 14.4 M8: -4.6

MyBariatricLife
on 6/13/14 3:08 pm

Hey, just thought I'd weigh-in. Thanks for the mention, PineView! 

To the OP: in addition to what good things everyone else has said, just be prepared that you can expect to feel awkward and embarrassed to have your naked body examined and your fat moved around as you stand in front of a full wall mirror. You may want to bring a loved one along with you for support. Then you can expect to feel even more awkward and embarrassed when you have to disrobe completely and have your photos taken.

What you also can expect, if you go through with your surgery, is that when you return for your 3-mos post op that all that shame and humiliation you felt about your body not only during your initial consultation but also for so many years of your life, will be gone. Feelings of joy and pride will replace the old ways that you felt about your body. You won't feel embarrassed to be examined and you may even look forward to the photos being taken. The side by side comparison of before and after photos is very powerful. This was my experience anyway. I was so happy with my results that I could have run around his practice nude and showed everyone my body. It is a wonderful thing to not be ashamed of one's body anymore. 

Good luck with your consult.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

luvstar0613
on 6/17/14 12:26 am - NY
VSG on 06/03/13

Thanks for the info! I am nervous about the consult My very supportive boyfriend will be coming with but I don't know if I want him in the room for the examination and pictures!

*Alana*   HW: 277.3, SW:267.8 

Pre Op: -9.5, M1: - 21.8, M2: -12.8 M3: -11.4 M4: -12.7 M5:-13 M6: -8.4 M7 - 14.4 M8: -4.6

MyBariatricLife
on 6/17/14 1:28 am

Let me know how you make out with your consult!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

AZDee
on 6/7/14 6:36 am - Gilbert, AZ

I have met several ladies who have used him.  Over on RealSelf.com there are tons of reviews and pictures, which would be very helpful if you know what I am saying...People can sing praises all day but pictures don't lie, so I find it's the best way to learn about a plastic surgeon.  That's how I found mine.  I heard praises from all of the 10 consults I had (yes 10 I was a little obsessive) but what really made my mind up is what I learned and saw from real patients...good luck with your journey!

MyLady Heidi
on 6/9/14 6:24 pm

From what I have seen of his work I wouldn't waste the money.  I would go with Dr LoMonaco, his work is far superior.  For 20k I would want perfection, something I haven't seen in Capella's wls patients work, unless you are looking for a square boyish waist and saggy breasts.  I personally used a residency program and would say my extended tt with muscle tightening and bb repositioning is exceptional even after nearly 8 yrs.

paula222
on 6/12/14 8:17 am

Dr. Capella's before and afters are the best I have ever seen. Good luck!!

Most Active