scared to death

TracyK
on 6/11/14 10:47 pm - FL

The TT scars were not as bad as I thought they would be. I had 2 previous C-sections so I would have had scars anyway....albeit longer now. After they healed I used Mederma and the scars turned white pretty quick. The pain was tolerable with medications. I made sure to walk as much as possible and keep moving to heal. I was back to running 5Ks and Zumba at 7 weeks post op. The drains were cumbersome but once they were out (1 week) I was able to shower which made an enormous difference on how I felt. The first shower was scary because of all the rainbows of dark colors and the incision but once the first one was out of the way I was good to go. Just make sure to follow doctors’ orders and you will be fine.

We are all nervous for surgeries since each one different from the last, but I can tell you that the results are permanent and the pain is just temporary. To see my flat stomach now just brings smiles to my face. I do not regret the whole process, pain and all.

Good luck!

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

MeliT
on 6/12/14 12:09 am - Miami, FL

thanks for the feedback!!!! wow 7 weeks! thats great! amazing!

HarvestMoon1974
on 6/12/14 12:30 am - Keyport, NJ
Revision on 05/01/14

I haven't yet, but I'm hoping to have mine removed within the next year. I fully intend to cover my scar with a beautiful tattoo. Haven't selected the design yet, but that's my plan :)

" Life is a roller coaster, enjoy the ride"
Carol 378/189/170

Thankful for my little miracles Joshua and Daniel.

MeliT
on 6/12/14 12:41 am - Miami, FL

are you just going for the panni? or doing a whole TT?

David147
on 7/4/15 4:33 am

If you live in a individualistic society, then you will find that most people will think like that because they don't see themselves as a functioning system, nor do they reinforce that system of relationships, and thus see death as a opposition. In a collectivist society, people live closer together and are more accepting of death because it is part of the cycle of life. Some seek religious services to "delude" themselves that death will not meet with them, whether a delusion or not, these people lead happier lives, void of the fear of death. Others see life as a prison and seek death for freedom. 

Crazeru
on 7/5/15 12:14 pm

My PS journey was pretty pain free and I'm a total pain weeny.  My face lift was more painful with my ears pinned to my head with the chin strap.  Easily managed with my pain meds. 

As for the scars, badge of honor.  I had a lower body lift, breast lift, arms and small thigh lift.  I'll take the scars over the skin.  I did use silicon sheets on my scars for month 2-4.  I also used Gene's Vit E cream that I get at Sams. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active