scared to death

MyBariatricLife
on 5/28/14 1:06 pm

Thank you! I have Dr. Catherine Winslow to thank for an amazing face lift!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 5/30/14 2:29 pm

It is so natural to get scared. If you read my body lift review on RealSelf you will see that I was PETRIFIED. I tried to cancel my surgery twice but Dr. Capella was so supportive and gentle and got me through the hard times. Try to keep busy doing things that you like and keep your mind off the surgery. And think about the amazing body you will have. I was a size 14 when I went in for my tummy tuck and now I am a size 2. It is a very powerful experience so be sure to absorb everything going on around you before you go under. I looked around the OR and I still remember what everything looked like and who was doing what. And at my request my surgeon took a photo of me on the OR table after I was done -- I ever so love that photo! Here's wishing you a safe surgery, an easy recovery, and wonderful results!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MeliT
on 5/31/14 11:03 pm - Miami, FL

thank you. you're so kind and supportive, i appreciate that. i spoke to my mom and she was really behind me saying you can do it, do it for yourself. so i'm determined. i started in january getting very serious about my weightloss and have since been working hard with diet and exercise to lose the weight. i was 173lbs before pregnancy then after the baby i gained weight and got up to 215lbs. i'm currently 187lbs and monday is my birthday :) my goal is to continue to work hard all year and into next year and i want to reach a new goal of 140lbs (my original goal for after vsg). i'm hoping by next spring i will get there. and i can have the surgery and by my next birthday be a WHOLE NEW WOMAN. 

MyBariatricLife
on 6/1/14 12:14 am

About the scarring... The tummy tuck scar alone is not that bad. You will be looking more at the missing panni and be in love! In this case think about what you have lost, not what you have gained. Lol!

i was so worried about the scars I would have from my stage 2 body contouring because my surgeon would be incising me all over my torso and appendages. That was my biggest hesitation in having that surgery. I honestly thought I would faint when I saw my body for the first time. It seems that the scars look worse on someone else and when you see them on your own body it is not as bad... Again, I think it is because you are seeing what has been removed, all that excess flesh that you have lived with for so long. That was my experience anyway.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

marianthelibrarian
on 5/31/14 7:40 am

I just had a tummy tuck, and I was also scared to death. But I think being so scared has made it easier- it's no where near as painful as I was worried about. :)

Lapband 4/2005:  342HW, 202LW
RNY 7/30/2012: 292HW, 276SW

MeliT
on 5/31/14 10:59 pm - Miami, FL

really? how long was the recovery?

marianthelibrarian
on 5/31/14 11:48 pm

Oh, I'm still in the thick of it as my surgery was last Thursday. :)  But it only gets better from here, and here isn't so bad!

Lapband 4/2005:  342HW, 202LW
RNY 7/30/2012: 292HW, 276SW

Laura in Texas
on 5/31/14 11:15 pm

Fear is normal. I had a lower body lift so it was much more invasive than a panniculectomy. My pain was bad for the first 3 days (manageable with pain meds, but still there). Totally worth it. I needed to feel "whole" again. I do now and that feeling is priceless.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

White Dove
on 5/31/14 11:36 pm - Warren, OH

I had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair.  I was in pain for one week and took pain pills.  I had two drains. The first was removed after ten days, the second took three weeks.

I have a nice flat tummy now and it was so worth it.  It was a short time to spend getting something that makes me happier and healthier for the rest of my life.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

MyLady Heidi
on 6/3/14 12:03 pm

tt = best money ever spent. period!  flat stomach @ nearly 50 = priceless

Most Active