Intense increased libido and/or painful penetration after weight loss / plastic surgery?

MyBariatricLife
on 5/8/14 3:17 pm

Another patient and I both experienced intensely increased sexual desire and arousal in the early weeks following tummy tuck and body lift surgeries. This heightened state of arousal has persisted (yeah!) now that we are far out from our surgeries. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Another patient had increased libido after weight loss surgery. However, she finds that without as much "padding" that her lover is able to penetrate further and it is painful. She wondered if painful intercourse would eventually go away, as if her body might get used to it. Is anyone willing to share their experience?

Thanks. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

pineview01
on 5/8/14 5:12 pm, edited 5/8/14 5:12 pm - Davison, MI

As two the second, if she is pre-menopausal the uterus is a muscle and can stretch.  If not and her lover is large she may need a ring to stop such deep penetration.  My 2nd husband was much more endowed that the first. While after time I adjusted to him after weight lose it was painful again.

I wonder how much of the increase is physical and how much is mental.  PS causes both in us.  I haven't experienced it but, I went from the pain, still some, of the face lift to the pain of the thigh lift.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MyBariatricLife
on 5/9/14 3:03 am

Thank you for this. I think she will find this very helpful. 

I am tight as I've never birthed a baby vaginally and even with my husband having a normal sized penis I sometimes experience pain when he goes very deep... usually it is a pleasurable sort of pain but sometimes it is not, and I imagine if he were very large that it could be more pain than pleasure. I don't know for sure, but that sounds like a rather good problem to have :-) I told my friend that she was making me jealous, hahaha.

Thanks for your candid reply. Many people are not comfortable talking about sex. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 5/13/14 7:25 am

I thought you might be interested in this response from a surgeon on RealSelf:

This is an interesting question!  There is a relationship between sex steroid hormones and adipose tissue, but I don't know of any solid links between a change in libido and body contouring surgery.  

I would suggest the effect was more due to your postoperative results.  Many people see an immediate physical and psychological benefit especially if a lot of skin was removed.  In either case, sounds like it worked out well.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

godzilla
on 5/8/14 8:21 pm - Israel
If the TT or LBL also had mons lifted it would he logical that the area of clitoral pleasure is heightened as everything is moved higher and the PS actually measures from I think the bikini line scar to the clitoris I put things in their correct positioning.
I would imagine that this might even cause intense pleasure/pain as the two do sometimes go together.
I think with weight-loss the body fat moves and as such one'a actual sex positioning maneuvers might need to change and can cause accidental pain.
Mikimi in Israel
MyBariatricLife
on 5/9/14 2:51 am

Hey Mikimi I was just thinking about you last night. It is good to hear from you! 

After my TT I could not have a clitoral ****** as you may recall as I posted about it. But in the early weeks of recovery, before I felt or looked sexy, my sexual desire increased intensely. The other patient said her's increased intensely too during that time period. So there was not a correlation to the location of the clitoris at that point because we were not yet cleared to return to sex (unless if there is some physiological connection between desire and clitoral location). I have posted the question to plastic surgeons on real self and if I learn anything useful I will repost it here.

Thanks!

BTW after I had my thigh lift and my TT was converted to an LBL, I experienced a phenomenal increase in all types of ******s, not just clitoral.  I don't even have to be touched sometimes, as just thinking about a past sexual experience can cause me to have a type of ****** (I forget what they are called, might be whole body or mental ****** depending on what sexpert you read). 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

godzilla
on 5/9/14 10:21 am - Israel
We do need to talk as I've thought of you too but life has a way of taking over when you are "living the life" even if life is just one's regular day to day routine.
Now that Passover is past us I should crack down on my nudging the Ministery of Health with regard to my appeal for thigh plasty.
I have not totally given up hope. I honestly feel that the excess skin on my inner thighs and buttocks would make a world of difference to my physical appearance and further more my body image.
Mikimi in Israel
MyBariatricLife
on 5/9/14 12:38 pm

Good luck with that. I have been traveling. I was in NJ on March 10th to see Dr. Capella for a consult for my last surgery and some in-office procedures. From there I went directly to California and have been here since. I was supposed to have surgery with Dr. Capella the end of this month - my last surgery. But thankfully one of the kind patients on this board talked some sense into me about the surgery being too soon. I discussed this with Dr. Capella and he said I should wait until Fall. Thank g-d for the patient to patient relationship. She may have saved me from complications.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

godzilla
on 5/9/14 2:03 pm - Israel
I well remember your talk with me about postponing the next stage of your plastics due to another patient convincing you the body needs time to heal between procedures.
You will still have your final procedure and the boobs and bustline you want. Better to wait and get the best outcome than to GD For is develop a problem that could have been avoided by waiting. You know well from all your research the possible risks if complications.
And in spite of complications I have had I still wish for further plastics to feel more complete.
Mikimi
MyBariatricLife
on 5/9/14 2:47 pm

You and me both, sister. It is a good thing that I am out of money because I think it is easy to become addicted to plastic surgery. I might be tempted to keep tweaking and tweaking until I took it too far. Then there's really no turning back.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active