Do you think this is a failed or successful breast lift (pix)?

MyBariatricLife
on 5/12/14 3:41 pm, edited 5/12/14 3:41 pm

Well thank you for the comment about my breasts and body. I am really looking forward to them being pretty. I have this one surgery left and then I am done! I will have to go back to Dr. Catherine Winslow for filler touchups and maybe to Dr. Capella for scar revision, but neither are surgery. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Happy Gurl
on 5/14/14 3:51 am
VSG on 10/26/12

Sorry that happened to you...what jerks! 

HW: 390, HbandW: 340, LbandW:237,

HsleeveW: on 10/27/12:270, CW: 167:) GW: 175 :))))

M1:22, M2:16, M3:10, M4:9, M5:8, M6: 9, M7: 8, M8: 6, M9: 3, M10: 4

MyBariatricLife
on 5/14/14 2:24 pm

Thank you. I do not mind that these surgeons think my breast lift doesn't look good. I have a few friends who are clinicians and they do not think it looks good, and I don't like my result, either. What really upset me was that I wondered if Dr. Capella was not telling me the truth... That he was telling me my breast lift was fine when it really was,not. I feel better having heard from other plastic surgeons who concur with him. So, some think I had a good result and others think I had a bad result. Apparently there is a difference of opinion. 

I recently saw a breast lift that Dr. Capella did on a woman who was not a massive weight loss patient. It is amazing the difference in the result. Her breasts look marvelous from the lift alone. She did not have the problem with lack of volume and upper pole fullness. It is such a shame what we do to our bodies with morbid obesity and massive weight loss.

you can check out the woman's breast lift on RealSelf -  http://www.realself.com/review/ramsey-nj-breast-lift-finally#dr-review

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Happy Gurl
on 5/15/14 8:46 am
VSG on 10/26/12

I thought they were "unsolicited" comments, but I saw that you posted wanting more feedback...makes more sense:) 

I'm pretty happy with mine, but I do have some areas that need revisions, and I'd like to get my turkey neck done, too. 

HW: 390, HbandW: 340, LbandW:237,

HsleeveW: on 10/27/12:270, CW: 167:) GW: 175 :))))

M1:22, M2:16, M3:10, M4:9, M5:8, M6: 9, M7: 8, M8: 6, M9: 3, M10: 4

MyBariatricLife
on 5/15/14 10:02 am

The harsh comments in my original post were unsolicited. Subsequent to that I did post on real self specifically asking surgeons if it was a good breast lift or not. I did that after I read Dr. Fisher's comments here because I wanted to hear what other plastic surgeons thought. 

I had my Turkeyneck done and I am very very very happy with the results. My best advice is to find a great facial plastic surgeon. So glad you like your results I am very happy too!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 5/12/14 3:24 pm, edited 5/12/14 3:24 pm

BTW there is no such thing as JUST a woman. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

pineview01
on 5/13/14 9:01 am - Davison, MI

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MenagerieNik
on 5/15/14 1:36 pm, edited 5/15/14 1:37 pm

This has been a very enlightening thread for me and I'm grateful that I found it. I just had my tummy tuck done and I'm pretty pleased with it. I need some work at the gym to get rid of my small muffin top, but my Dr. had told me he could not completely get rid of it, so I knew what to expect. I'm doing the breast reduction/lift next and I'm worried about it. I've looked at a LOT of before and after pics on many sites and not been that thrilled with the end results. Now I think I know why. Without implants, the breasts are still going to have a bit of a sag no matter how high the nippled is  placed. I've never even considered implants because I've always wanted my breasts smaller, but my breasts are very saggy so I know even with a lift, I'm not going to get the look I want. Now I am going to have to re-think this surgery. I mean, how crazy would it be to have a reduction/lift and then implants?!?!?!

Thanks!

MyBariatricLife
on 5/15/14 2:38 pm

I am glad the thread has been helpful. I believe in massive weight loss women it is not uncommon to get a lift and implants... probably not uncommon to do a reduction and implants, either. i honestly do not think there is anything different in the surgical plan for a breast lift versus a breast reduction except that the amount of tissue removed might be greater.

Breast lift alone on a MWL woman just does not create a beautiful breast from what I have seen. Geez, we do so much damage to our bodies -- my bones are more dense than normal (which is why I weigh 158 lbs and wear a size 2), my rib cage is much deeper than is normal, my breasts are semi-linear, and my breasts lack volume even though they are a DD cup.

Take a look at this woman's breast lift done by Dr. Capella (my surgeon). It is probably the most beautiful breast lift I have seen -- BUT she is not a massive weight loss woman. You can see that she had significant sag but because she had volume, she got a beautiful breast with the lift. From ReslSelf http://www.realself.com/review/ramsey-nj-breast-lift-finally

• 1 day before surgery

• 6 hrs after surgery

• 48hrs after surgery

• Day 4 post op

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

poj1424
on 5/15/14 1:57 pm

They look very good. You really should be happy with the outcome.

Most Active