Do you think this is a failed or successful breast lift (pix)?

MyBariatricLife
on 5/10/14 11:00 am

Not my body but rather my trust. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 5/10/14 10:50 am

Talking through this with everyone has helped. Thanks to everyone *****plied.

Boy will I be glad when my plastic surgery is over! The emotional aspect is so much harder than the physical recovery. I have been through such drama and outlandish situations with my body contouring. Well, at least my face lift was easy and free of all this craziness.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

drfisherps
on 5/10/14 1:33 pm

Hi blife.

Dr Fisher. I believe we may have corresponded in the past. After reviewing your photos I believe that your lift results are good to very good. I cannot believe some of the comments you state physicians made on realself.  I feel you may not be happy because of lack of real and perceived lack of volume. I would not revise them. The only thing to do if you were really unhappy is to do a small augmentation. PS the rest of you looks great.

Peter Fisher M.D. 

MyBariatricLife
on 5/10/14 1:53 pm

Hi Dr. Fisher, it is great to hear from you! You have a very good memory as you and I corresponded after my tummy tuck. That was my first surgery and I was scared! I appreciated your comments then and I appreciate them now. 

Thank you so very much for sharing your expert perspective. I am very relieved to hear this! Dr. Capella did such a wonderful transformation on me. But I really do want big beautiful breasts. I have been speaking to him about my breasts for almost a year now - I am so excited for them. 

May I ask, do you think it is best to revise the lift and then do implants 3-mos later, or revise the lift at the time the implants are placed? I am afraid to do that and Dr. Capella said we could do it in two stages because he did not want me to do anything I was not comfortable with. 

You out operated on a friend of mine not all that long ago and she looks wonderful!

thank you again!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

drfisherps
on 5/10/14 2:05 pm

Thanks for responding. 

As I said earlier, I believe all you need is an augmentation.  I think your nipple position is okay.  If after the augmentation(they will need 2_3 months to settle) you are still unhappy then you can revise the lift as Dr Capella said.

Good luck and all the best.

MyBariatricLife
on 5/10/14 2:22 pm

Thanks, for the clarification! Much appreciated....

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

drfisherps
on 5/10/14 1:35 pm

Hi blife.

Dr Fisher. I believe we may have corresponded in the past. After reviewing your photos I believe that your lift results are good to very good. I cannot believe some of the comments you state physicians made on realself.  I feel you may not be happy because of lack of real and perceived lack of volume. I would not revise them. The only thing to do if you were really unhappy is to do a small augmentation. PS the rest of you looks great.

Peter Fisher M.D. 

pineview01
on 5/12/14 11:35 am - Davison, MI

I'm not a PS, just a woman and I agree with Dr Fisher.  It looks like a very good job to me and I'd take them as is even without the aug.  You have a great surgeon and you should trust that he did good by you knowing you would be getting the aug.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MyBariatricLife
on 5/12/14 1:32 pm

I guess the bottom line is that the surgeons' comments came very unexpectedly. I was speechless and brought to tears. I have been through so much drama with my body contouring and I have a very low tolerance for any more.

Last Friday, Dr. Capella and I spoke on the phone and I told him of my concerns that these surgeons had expressed. I told him that I trust him but what these surgeons are saying is very compelling. He was very nice and gentle and I am grateful that I have the kind of patient-physician relationship with him in which such difficult conversations are able to be had. He is indeed a gentleman and a gentle man.

Dr. Capella offered a very long time ago (I think I was 2 weeks out of surgery) to revise my breast lift when the time was right because I told him that I did not like them. The NAC just needs to be a little higher. He is revising my breast lift at no charge even though he thinks they look fine. He also is doing other revisions on me at no charge (someskin removal). I have to pay the hospital fees only. I respect that very much. I have seen many patients on RealSelf who cried that their surgeons would not revise them.

I posed a new question on RealSelf to the plastic surgeons asking whether my breast lift was awful as a few surgeons said. I am relieved that they are posting that I had a good result! 

Here are the surgeons comments if you care to read them: http://www.realself.com/question/2-stage-lift-and-implant-post-mwl-my-lift-failure-good-implants-and-else-in

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

pineview01
on 5/12/14 3:17 pm, edited 5/12/14 3:21 pm - Davison, MI

Glad to hear this as I couldn't believe surgeon would really post that.  You are looking so hot and I would love to have breast like yous.  My DH has asked me to not have any more surgery and he has never, every said he didn't want me to do something.

I read the replies and this is what I would have expected a PS to post.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active