OMG

on 5/5/14 9:44 pm, edited 5/5/14 11:52 pm

Surgery went well, Wow this is the most painful thing I have ever had to do in my life!!!. I don't mean to scare any one. I am recovering at home, will have to take a month off work to really gain my strength back.

I had full tummy tuck, Mons lift, Hernia and muscle tightening done. I also lifted the girls, now I am good as new again lol. When I saw my new flat belly, new belly button and new boobs, I cried with joy. All worth it.

VSG TO DS REVISION 

pineview01
on 5/5/14 10:34 pm - Davison, MI

Congratulations!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

on 5/5/14 10:41 pm

Thank you

VSG TO DS REVISION 

godzilla
on 5/5/14 11:16 pm - Israel
Congrats!
Tips I've learned along the way:
Take pain meds every for hours so pain won't get excruciating.
Drink lots of fluids to help flush the body;swelling is normal even for up to several months. Fluids also help against toileting problems especially as some pains can cause constipation. Stool softener are taken by some. Don't strain in the bathroom.
Up your protein ; some restrict their salt intake.
Wear a sleeveless undershirt under your binder as it helps against chafing.
If you want to talk, pm me and I'll give you my US line and I'm willing and happy to ring you. Israel is seven hours late that Canada.
Mikimi in Israel
on 5/6/14 12:00 am

Thank you Mikimi, I am taking my pain meds and drinking water, thank you for remembering me about the protein intake, I have heard that protein helps to repair muscles. As for constipation, I don't have this problem my weight loss surgery is the DS, we tend to go  to the bathroom often . I just try to rest as much as possible I get tried easily.

VSG TO DS REVISION 

godzilla
on 5/6/14 2:33 am - Israel
I am a RnYer but I guess distal so constipation is rarely a situation I have encountered.
My TT was with hernia repair of c-scar.
pineview01
on 5/6/14 11:02 am - Davison, MI

Keep an eye on your iron.  I just had the inner thigh done and the bottom dropped out of my hemoglobin.  I felt like crap and so tiered.  Took iron and boy did it help to feel better/more alive.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

on 5/7/14 6:36 am

Thanks for the tip, I was already taking iron before and would check my levels next month.

VSG TO DS REVISION 

emelar
on 5/6/14 1:54 am - TX

The muscle and hernia repair is a *****  Congrats on making it through and best of luck on your recovery!

on 5/6/14 2:44 am

So true, my stomach feels like a tightening knots all the time. Who knew Hernia repair could be this painful.

VSG TO DS REVISION 

Most Active