Skin question

kch_8888
on 5/2/14 8:20 pm

I am almost about 10 months out from belt lipectomy. I'm really pleased with my results but lately I feel like my skin has changed. I felt like my stomach was so tight and now it feels looser.  Maybe it's because I definitely am starting to get feeling back in my lower abdominal region which has for the most part remained numb since surgery. My clothes still generally bit the same. I do fluctuate a bit with my weight and am feeling a bit lax lately although the scales haven't changed much.  Anyone experience this. I feel like I'm expanding and I'm so worried I'm doing something to undo what I had done. 

Thanks!

kacey

Laura in Texas
on 5/2/14 10:22 pm

Maybe the swelling is finally going away?? I do remember other people posting about the same issue. I had a lbl, but did not experience that.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

TeashaLorna
on 5/4/14 2:44 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

My tummy is somewhat looser as well, but the swelling is pretty much gone. I am six months now.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/14 9:48 am

I try to remove as much skin and tissue as possible and make everything quite tight for because of the loss of elastic/collagen fibers damage, there is a return of some of the excess skin. This I usually can remove quite easily in the office under a local anesthetic which I did on a patient of mine this week who was one year after her TT. It sounds like your swelling has taken this long to go away.

Most Active