Thigh Lift at 6 Weeks - pics

emelar
on 4/16/14 1:57 am - TX

Left Leg

Really the Left Leg

The one marked "Left Leg" is really the right leg - didn't feel like fixing the link.

The incision itself is healing really well.  The scalloping/divots from the underskin sutures are still pulling, but they're starting to release.  They're what makes the incision look so nasty.  Thighs are still swelling, mostly in the knees and upper part.  They're still a little sore, but nothing significant.  Still waiting patiently for the final results.

jeterway
on 4/16/14 3:11 am

Looking good.  Glad to hear that recovery wasn't all that bad for you.  Are you still wearing the compression garment?  This far out it might no be giving you enough compression.  I think around this time I switched to spanx like garments.

emelar
on 4/16/14 4:34 am - TX

I just switched to the compression garment I used for the LBL - same garment, shorter legs.  Even though it's the same size as the long-legged garment, it's tighter.  The doc told me I could switch to Spanx or Spanx-like garments, but I don't have anything with legs and I'm too cheap to buy any while I have two of the other garments in my closet!

Yes, uglier incision than the LBL, but significantly less pain.  I got down into a full squat without an issue and I can comfortably cross my legs again.  Woo hoo!

jeterway
on 4/16/14 4:48 am

It is amazing to see the restriction right after one of these procedures and how quickly you can progress from day to day back to your pre-surgery positions.  I bought some spanx like garments because in the dead of winter, my legs get cold now.  So I still wear mine even though I am over a year out from my thigh lift.  Jus****ch with the shorter legs you are not getting the compression all the way down.  

emelar
on 4/16/14 5:41 am - TX

I still wear the long-legged CG at night and if I'm wearing pants.  But I'm more a dress and skirt person, and I don't have much in my wardrobe for the longer garment.  I was really lucky and had minimal swelling in my lower legs - it all stops at the knees.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/16/14 2:49 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Also very nice incisions, very straight and look fairly thin. Will fade to nothing visible! Post a picture standing up. Is there a space between your thighs now?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

emelar
on 4/17/14 2:56 am - TX

There's only space in the mornings, right when I get up.  Then they swell - not much, but enough to rub up at the top of the thigh.  Waiting patiently (NOT!) for the swelling to go down.  The incisions are also a little too much towards the front of my legs but, again, as the swelling goes down, they're migrating inward.  Same thing happened with my bellybutton on the LBL.  I thought it was freakishly high, but once it settled, it was perfectly positioned.  Hoping the same holds true for these incisions.  I do not want to do a scar revision!

pineview01
on 4/16/14 2:53 pm - Davison, MI

Looking good!  Thanks for the photo updates.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active