Insurance for thighs

pineview01
on 4/15/14 12:40 pm - Davison, MI

Well the biggest of surprises for me.  My PCP put in for the insurance to pay to remove extra skin from inner thighs.  I got an approval for the surgeons consult (which I already had.)  He wants another now it is covered. He wouldn't let me make an appointment until the insurance had the codes covered in writing and the approval just said procedure.  There has been much going back and forth between the PCP, insurance and the surgeon getting the approval "right."  

I have been going around in circles with emotion with each "approval" and each "not right in writing."  My PCP has never had anybody get approval for thighs, just pannis.  I had complain to her because not everyone carries their weight in their tummies and the weight between the thighs causes just as much trouble trying to get around and active.  So I was very surprised with the approval.  I really needed to have this done by the end of April or won't be able to until October.  I had already set myself up to not be able to get this done but, now that I have seen an approval I am so geeked.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/14 4:06 am

Congratulations! It seems that it my practice we are able to get more of these procedures approved to be covered by insurance. I hope we have been able to overcome the reluctance of the insurance industry to see the benefits of the post-bariatric face and body contouring.

pineview01
on 4/16/14 2:45 pm - Davison, MI

Thank You.  I  agree.  Now I need to see what the insurance is covering and what I have to POP to get the surgery done right.  I had already talked to him about lipo on the outer thighs which they WILL NOT cover.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active