Vanity and plastic surgery after weight loss

MyBariatricLife
on 4/8/14 11:08 am

Sure, I regret that, too, especially after having lost the weight as a teenager. I feel that I lost out on a lot being MO for so long, and so did my family. God love my husband - the man married a pretty woman who a few years later was fat.  But he always loved me no matter the weight and did not think I needed plastic surgery. He supported me through all of this and is very glad it is coming to an end. So am I. 

BTW I had my personal applause sound track every time I ran, too... And of course there was monster crotch. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

pineview01
on 4/10/14 8:16 am - Davison, MI

(NYDJ jeans are sent from heaven!)

Isn't that the truth.  My DD turned me on to these.  I was upset as the only jeans that fit my shape were LB and their smallest size was 14.  Other jeans 14 didn't look right.  I walked in wearing them and walked out in size 10's that looked good.  We both cried.  I wore size 12 in 6th grade.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MyBariatricLife
on 4/16/14 2:38 pm

I really like Lucky Brand jeans and LOFT jeans. LOFT comes in both a modern fit and a curvy fit. Lucky Brand comes in several fits to fit people who are very thin to people who are curves and several nuances in-between (such as slightly curvy). So far all of my new jeans are from these two retailers. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

pineview01
on 4/16/14 4:09 pm - Davison, MI

I will be sure to check these out!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Mlkpas
on 4/8/14 10:37 am, edited 4/8/14 10:38 am - Pasadena, CA

I've had a facelift and a tummy tuck, and fortunately nobody has had the guts to say anything nasty about it.  Although honestly, I seriously couldn't care less if anybody thinks I'm vain or not.  I felt like the weight loss "project" wasn't finished as long as I had a turkey neck and hanging skin on my belly, so I chose additional surgery to finish the job.  And now I feel better.  What anybody else thinks about it is really none of my concern!

ETA:  It wouldn't occur to me to feel guilty.  It's my money and I earned it, so I get to choose how to spend it.

I'm 5'2" and 55 years old.  VSG 3/17/10

MyBariatricLife
on 4/8/14 11:12 am

I agree. I felt that plastic surgery erased the last races of my obesity. And yes, it also was my money, not even mine and my husband's joint money. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Cynthia L.
on 4/10/14 4:18 am - Clarence, NY

I'm planning in getting "the works" this coming year and like you, I don't give a flip what people think. With that being said, I can't imagine any of my friends feeling anything but happy for me.

-Cyn

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

MyBariatricLife
on 4/16/14 2:41 pm

Good for you! I got the works done last year. The only thing left are my implants this Fall. You are going to be so amazed and hAppy with your body and face when all is said and done!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Cynthia L.
on 4/17/14 1:56 am - Clarence, NY

You give me hope!

I'm in western NY, so I'm actually going to look into your surgeon as well as a few on the west coast. My sister lives in Malibu, so I could stay with her post-op.

I love your positivity. 

-Cyn

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

MyBariatricLife
on 4/17/14 6:53 am

That sounds good. Having a place to recover is very nice. I was bored and lonely at the hotel on my own. And of course, it adds expense and complexity. It was worth it, don't get me wrong. But I had my facelift at home and my tummy tuck at home and it was much nicer to recover there than my second stage surgery, which was the huge surgery, in the care center and hotel. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active