Cross post: all healed!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/4/14 11:39 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Must be all those building blocks of the body that I have been consuming (aka protein) coz 9 days after the LBL I am all healed up. Stitches are out, scars look fabulous, tummy butt and outer thighs look slim, no swelling to speak of really and I feel fine. I don't feel like killing myself anymore every time I cough or sneeze and getting my energy back. I even went to do the weekly fresh food market this morning. As always. Put on a pair of my pre surgery jeans, over the abdominal binder and they still fell off. So I am going to have to do some taking in again. And my pre getting fat wedding band, the original one, is falling off. The abdominal binder is the only thing I truly hate about this. Itchy, uncomfortable, constraining. 

Other than that I am good to go. This wasn't so bad after all. And so far I love the results. Breasts and inner thighs end of May I think. Getting close to that finish line!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

danny7995
on 4/5/14 2:35 am - Midville, GA

What procedure did you have done? Did you have Tummy Tuck? I am supposed to have it in June and I am extremely nervous and scared.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/5/14 3:21 am
VSG on 10/09/12

LBL - otherwise known as a circumferential body lift/abdominoplasty, butt lift, outer thigh lift, mons lift, reconstruction of the abdominal wall with muscle tightening and repositioning of the belly button. 4.5 hour surgery. TT is part of the procedure. I also had an umbilical hernia repaired at the same time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Laura in Texas
on 4/5/14 3:56 am

Be careful. I ripped a hole at the 4 week mark shifting on bed.

I had a different surgeon do my arms and had them done first. He removed the stitches on day 10. The scars widened tremendously. My lbl stitches were left in. My scar is pencil thin. Huge difference. I hope your scars stay thin.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/5/14 4:20 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Yikes!! Well I hope so too! There are apparently stitches that dont come out that are self resorbing or however you call it. They just took out the non melting ones on the outside. There were only six of those. So far it looks very thin. Hope it stays that way!!! I am still taking it easy!

Laura in Texas
on 4/5/14 8:01 am

That's good to hear. It sounded like he took them all out. Just be careful shifting in bed. At 4 weeks i thought I was safe!! 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/5/14 8:30 am
VSG on 10/09/12

It is a good warning! I will be very careful. Don't want to mess this up at all. Tell me, how long was your abdomen/tummy all hard and feelingless? It feels so odd! I think there is a little swelling because it looks a little round. Very flat when I lay down but when I stand up and take off the binder it is kind of rounded, I don't know if its my muscles or organs or what but it is odd looking. I mentioned it to the nurse Friday but she didn't seem concerned. Said it was swelling and the surgery and it will smooth out. Just wondering if this is normal at the start?

godzilla
on 4/5/14 9:56 am - Israel
Normal and can be for several months at the end of the day which is why wearing the annoying binder is important.
It always amazes me what is normal yet the the medical people involved in out care do not think to tell us what could happen and then when something does, they make light of it.
Take things slow as everything needs to heal from the inside out.
Off topic: I see PS clinic tomorrow/today. Stitches are popping out and I'm nervous but this seems to happen. My last minor procedure was 18/02 and I always heal,problem,heal,problem. Anomaly of a body.
Mikimi in Israel
Karen R.
on 4/5/14 4:51 am
RNY on 04/14/13

Good for you!  You give me hope for my own procedure.  :-)  Take care.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

stephintexas
on 4/5/14 5:17 am

That's awesome! How many grams of protein are you eating a day?

Most Active