still have pain

Laura M.
on 3/31/14 1:22 pm - Fort Riley, KS
RNY on 04/18/12

So my tummy tuck with lypo was Jan 17th.  I still have pain...especially right under my breast bone where the main stitch is from the muscle tightening.  Is this pretty normal?  Also, when did most start working out?  I am a bit apprehensive about it since I do still have some pain, but I need to get my butt back to the gym! 

Laura in Texas
on 3/31/14 7:45 pm

My stomach muscles felt very tight for a while, but I would not have called it painful. What does your surgeon say??

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

emelar
on 4/1/14 12:01 am - TX

I was sore for months. Go to the gym and workout. Some of what you're feeling could be scar tissue and it'll get broken up as you exercise. I assume you've been cleared for exercise at this point. The first few times back at the gym were hard, but it'll get better!

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/14 4:48 am

The tummy tuck is uncomfortable and sometimes frankly painful because as you mentioned the muscles are sew together to flatten your stomach. This usually is better within a couple of weeks. You may want to revert to some support to help this. I allow my patients to start working out after three weeks except for their abdominal area which shouldn't need it any way!

marta12
on 4/3/14 7:39 pm

hi my name is Marta and I just had hernia repair and tummy tuck Feb. 20 and I also get the same pain under my right breast and also getting very nauseas. I call my doc he said its normal to get nauseas cause they tie  the muscle 5 times tighter.

Most Active