Surgery in 2 weeks..

MyBariatricLife
on 4/1/14 11:31 am

Yes. I did extended arm lift, breast lift, medial thigh lift with incision to the knees, and my tummy tuck was converted to a body lift. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

stephintexas
on 4/1/14 11:48 pm

How was the recovery? I am thinking of skipping the arms but I think I'm just getting chicken. He also wants to do my bra line, cutting down through the arm pit to the back along the bra line. How is the scarring on the arms? Is it worth it?

MyBariatricLife
on 4/2/14 3:09 am

Well, everyone's experience is different. For me, the recovery was pretty easy considering I had four major procedures. It was much easier than my tummy tuck, gastric bypass, and c-section recoveries. I stayed in NJ on my own before and after surgery in a hotel and I managed just fine, as well as flying home all by myself. 

I had a complication with my arms but my surgeon managed it well. I was able to return to the gym after 4 weeks. I returned to sex after 2 weeks. As far as scaring, Dr. Capella is convince my scars will be the color of my skin. He does not even want to do scar revision on the arm that had the complication because he believes it will look good. Right now they are pretty dark but I have olive skin. You look pretty fair skinned so that is an advantage for scarring. 

Is it worth it? Yes, because there would be a mismatch with the rest of my body if I did not do my arms. Aside from the scars, my arms look beautiful. I can use airbrush makeup to cover the scars until they fade. Right now, I will not wear short sleeves in public without doing that. 

I am not a fan of the bra line lift but if that is the only way to correct the skin there then you may have no other option. Have you instead discussed the extended arm lift with your surgeon? That is what I had done.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

stephintexas
on 4/2/14 12:42 am

I just spent the last hour reading your blog and printing out information for my apt on Friday! Thank you!!

I had another question. You lost some weight after your surgeries. Do you wish you had waited to lose it ALL prior to the surgery? I want to lose another 25 and if I lose 10-15 in surgery, that will leave me under 20 post surgery. I have been second guessing myself all week. Should I wait? Should I go for it? etc etc. What is your perspective? Will you need a revision from losing more?

MyBariatricLife
on 4/2/14 3:17 am

NOOOOOOO!!!!! I do not wish that I had waited. It was the plastic surgery that enabled me to lose the weight. I was a decade out from my gastric bypass by the time I had plastic surgery. I lost approximately 20 pounds after each of my two surgeries, so 40 total. Dr. Capella is a doll and is redoing my muscle plication at my request during my final surgery because I have lost so much weight. He should be able to pull me tighter and make my waist smaller  i love his work!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

DrL
on 4/9/14 5:15 am - Houston, TX

Hello and congrats on your upcoming big day !  We routinely combine LBL and breast lifts with no problems. It doing the arms and the legs along with tummy that in my experience causes the problems. I prefer buttock auto-augmentation as the fat grafts in my experience absorb in WLS patients.  I no longer do the bra strap incision for my upper torsoplasties and you will be laying on it but it usually isn't too much of an issue.  Keep us posted on your progress !

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Most Active