Surgery in 2 weeks..

stephintexas
on 3/31/14 12:16 am

I haven't posted here much lately but wanted to give an update. I am having a LBL, TT and lipo, mons lift, arms lipo'd and skin removal, butt fat grafting, implant replacement (saline to silicone) and my breast creases moved up. Both breasts bottomed out from implants I did a few years back. I am doing A LOT at once and am a bit nervous but the pricing was attractive and it seemed better to recover at one time. Meaning if it takes a month, it's better than if I have to take two weeks at two different times. I also have some living issues that will make it easier to knock it all out now. I really really wanted to do my chicken neck and face but will wait on that for awhile.

I have lost about 100 lbs. I have 20-25 left that I wanted to lose but the surgeon told me not to. He said he needs the fat to build my buttocks back up. My butt really fell after weight loss. I work out regularly but I just have this huge envelope of skin and I have these odd "holes" on my buttocks under the skin. It looks like big cellulite but they are as round as a coke can. There are a few over my buttocks area and it just looks odd! lol All the weights, running, etc haven't really changed it. I have lifted my butt some. I also have really built up muscle.

I was hesitant to do so much at one time but again, weighing all the factors,  I decided to go for it. It may knock me on my rear end for awhile and I may end up waiting for my neck for years. lol I was also hesitant to do the Brazilian butt lift at the same time since it seems that laying on it for recovery has been said by some that it just dissolves the work done. Has anyone had that done with their LBL and TT? The surgeons assures me it will work so we will see.

Opinions, perspectives and feedback are welcome!

stephintexas
on 3/31/14 12:32 am

P.S. Surgeon also wants to do a "bra line lift" that cuts the armpit skin and along the bra line of the back.

emelar
on 3/31/14 2:05 am - TX

A lower body lift includes tummy tuck, mons lift, outer thigh lift and butt lift.  So doing all that together is pretty normal.  Adding in all the other stuff, well, folks do it and live to tell about it, so I'm sure it can be done!  The LBL by itself knocked me down.  Yes, you'll be functional by 4 weeks out, but don't expect to feel at the top of your game for several months more.

I'm curious - did your surgeon say how long you're going to be under anesthesia?  The LBL by itself is a 3-6 hour procedure.  Is he the only one working on you, or does he have an assistant?

stephintexas
on 3/31/14 3:45 am

He scheduled 8 hours. I had several surgery date options but ended up moving it from March to April so I could be first on the schedule. I was worried about being 2nd or 3rd. He's pricey but has a very good reputation so I'm hoping that it goes well. I am getting nervous! My pre-op is Friday.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/31/14 5:53 am
VSG on 10/09/12

I just had the LBL five days ago. I think that all that you propose to have done at once is doable for sure especially if your surgeon is comfortable with doing multiple procedures at once, but you are going to have mobility issues with your arms out of commission at the same time as the liwer body work and breasts revised. It is possible but not painless.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

stephintexas
on 3/31/14 10:16 am

What does that mean? I will need my arms to pull myself around? How long do you think you'll be out of work? I'm worried about that aspect.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/31/14 5:29 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

It really depends on your job I guess and how fast you bounce back. I could go back to work now probably at 50% just not  to sit all day. If you have multiple procedures all at once most of your body will be hurting and you will have a hard time doing basic things for yourself like taking a sponge bath for example or getting something if you can't reach. You are going to need someone to help you out at least for the first week so that your incisions don't get too solicited. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

AllisonKara
on 3/31/14 8:20 pm

This should help you. I would say that do not haste in trying to lose body fat. The body also needs a pace to stabilize. So take it calmly.

MyBariatricLife
on 4/1/14 11:05 am

Congrats. I know that you have been thinking about this for some time. I am curious - how is your surgeon moving the breast crease? Very few surgeons do this.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

stephintexas
on 4/1/14 11:17 am

I'm not exactly sure. He called it not a lift but "tacking" them up at the seam. He won't trade out the implants and do a lift at the same time so he suggested this. I have a pre-op apt on Friday and I have a whole list of questions.

Did you do your arms at the same time? I can't remember.

Most Active