Skin question

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/29/14 2:09 am
VSG on 10/09/12

So I had my bandages remved and met my new tummy and belly button. Took a couple of pictures. Things look really good and flat and the scars are super low and will definitely not be visible in the skimpiest of undies/bikini. However...and I know plastic surgeons can't create skin and have to work with what we already have...but...seems that there are still a lot of stretch marks around, practically down to the mons. It could be compression garment marks too I guess. Just wondering if that look is a little improved with time? I would post a picture but not sure if it will work on the iPad. Drains coming out on Monday and I will probs go home on either tuesday or wednesday. I am walking though so feel great about that. Tomorrow I get to shower. The whole belly area feels pretty numb except when I cough (big mistake!) or laugh. Then it hurts like f'ing hell and no pain killer will help that! When does that start to loosen up a bit? I feel like a somewhat hunched over person! Sitting is still uncomfortable. To be expected I guess. I am really looking forward to the next weeks being over and done with! But feeling good so hopefully all will continue to be well.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

TeashaLorna
on 3/29/14 3:56 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Congratulations on getting your TT. You will love it and probably already do love it. I dont really notice any stretch marks on mine anymore, cant remember if there were many there to begin with LOL. I never saw the area before LOL.  Anyway :-). As far as numbness it lasts a long time, I had mine done on 2 Dec and am still quite numb but that is ok, you dont feel the pain of healing then. You said you are going home on Tues or Wed where did you get your TT done.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/29/14 4:03 am
VSG on 10/09/12

I had the LBL, and by going home I mean checking out of hospital. My house is 10 minutes away. I had the LBL here in Geneva (Switzerland). Yes I do love it already but am looking forward to loving it even more when I can move better. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

DrHollywood
on 4/8/14 9:01 pm - Harbor City, CA

what id LBL?

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/8/14 9:09 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Lower body lift - included tummy tuck with muscle tightening, outer thigh lift, butt lift, mons lift. Some good pics on myrealself.

emelar
on 3/29/14 5:03 am - TX

Stretch marks are, unfortunately, permanently damaged skin. If they were there before and didn't get cut off, they're not going anywhere. But they may become less noticeable as your skin settles into place. 

I warned you about coughing!  The only time I was totally pain free for the first several weeks of recovery was when I was on my back in bed with many pillows under my knees - fetal position - and didn't move. Once I was on my feet, I was fine, although hunched over. Getting up was an absolute ***** The pull from the tightened muscles is going to do a number on your back for awhile. If you have a walker, use it. If not, use a small chair that you can support your weight against to take some of the strain off your back. It really will be better in a few weeks, but this time post surgery is hard. 

Laura in Texas
on 3/29/14 1:04 pm

All of my stomach stretch marks were removed in the 8 inch wide strip of skin removed. Now my thighs are a totally different story 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

godzilla
on 3/30/14 3:11 am - Israel
It really might be marks from the compression garment.
Tip: after your shower tomorrow put on a sleeveless t-shirt that is 'long' on you that will go down to your mons and then out on your compression garment. The softness of the t-shirt should kelp preven the marks and possible chafing.
Drink lots of liquids to help 'lubricate' your insides do you can have 'easy' bowel movements. I found hot drinks were helpful.
The hunched over feeling I think lasted by me for 2-3 weeks along with a lower back-ache.
Eat your protein; or drink it to aid in healing.
Mikimi in Israel
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/30/14 3:18 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Yup doing all that, T shirt and lots of tea. The BM happened..it was much better than I anticipated. A thousand times better than coughing which is like the fires of hell. How long do the abdominal muscles hurt like that?

godzilla
on 3/30/14 3:42 am - Israel
Each of us individual and I tend to suffer longer than most.
Mikimi
Most Active