Need recommendation for surgeon in Southern California

MenagerieNik
on 3/26/14 5:21 am

I've been approved by my insurance for the TT and reduction, but I'm not 100% on the surgeon I've seen. Anyone have any recommendations or warnings of who to stay away from? I am excited and deathly nervous at the same time. Thanks!

Jeannette M.
on 4/12/14 4:02 pm - CA
VSG on 10/22/12

I don't know if you've made a choice yet, but I am having the LBL with Dr Michael Pickart in Ventura.  He is incredible.  Kind, knowledgeable, patient and straightforward.  I don't feel like he's trying to "sell me something"  and he's really concerned that I will be pleased with he results.  

2003 HW 522lbs - SW (JIB) 511lbs - LW 370lbs   2012 HW 377lbs - SW (VSG) 364lbs - CW 200

MyBariatricLife
on 4/14/14 4:21 pm

Well, I am going to stick my neck out here and say that I do not like Dr. Agha's work, his prices, or the way he conducts himself. But you will find others who are fans. So it is hard to advise you on who to stay away from because it is a very subjective answer. 

I know a few people who had surgeries done with Dr. Katzen and spoke very highly of his bedside manner, patient care, and results. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MenagerieNik
on 4/15/14 12:59 am

Thank you! I will check him out.

Most Active