Getting TT before goal

ajporter14
on 3/21/14 2:09 pm - gainesville , FL

Hi guys, I had vsg July 2012. I have lost 130 pounds. I am about 40 pounds from my goal weight. However, I have this issue. The only time in the foreseeable future that I can get my tummy tuck and arm lift is the summer when I'm off school... I am going to try and lose as much weight as possible before July when I would get the surgeries. The one dr I have consulted (plan on seeing several) says he will pull my skin so tight that if I were to lose like 15 pounds after there would be no issue. I'm just concerned because people always say don't get plastics until your at your goal. If I don't get it this summer I will have to wait until after I graduate in 1 1/2. Which would be torturous! The thing is I'm not unhappy with the weight that I am I just want everything to be tight. What are your thought? 

godzilla
on 3/21/14 6:06 pm - Israel
Hmmm most PS and HMO need you to be at at a stable weight for a certain amount of time before they will do any ps on you although there are overweight people that we have surgery before all the weight is lost. I did.
I am light-weight in that my highest weight was 120K but on my short height of 152cm/5ft was BMI 51. My RnY was February 2008. The lowest weight I got to was 74K and then I had regain but I had horrid fungi rash in hanging belly crevices and under my breasts. I had to appeal my HMO (but I won!). My lower belly had 3K removed and although officially was an Apronectomy (8/08/11) in reality was TT. My breasts were hanging pendulums (30/07/12)and now they are small boobies.
My two surgeries were a year apart.
Go for more consults. Ask all your questions and schedule yourself in if you really cannot wait for another year and a half.
Mikimi in Israel
emelar
on 3/22/14 1:09 am - TX

You're in school, so I assume you're young. Between that and the fact that forty pounds is still a good amount of weight to lose, I'd say wait. You don't know how much rebound your skin will have and you don't know where the last pounds will come off. One of the reasons they want you to wait is that the remaining skin and fat sort of redistributes itself over time. 

Laura in Texas
on 3/22/14 1:18 am

If you are ok with the idea that you may need a revision later, go for it now. The mental part was torture for me. I had to get rid of the skin but did wait until I was at goal for 2.5 years to be sure i had maintenance under control. Finances were a huge issue for me. I could only afford to have it done once. We all have different reasons for getting it done when we get it done. Do what is best for you.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MenagerieNik
on 3/26/14 5:27 am

How is your skin in general? Does it have good elasticity? Do you scar easily? If you have nice, elastic skin and you're young, then I think you have a better chance of doing the surgery and having your skin rebound. It will also depend on if you lose the weight simply by eating less or if you are also working out. If you're toning while losing you're less likely to have skin problems. I understand you not wanting to wait. I'm 20 lbs. short of my goal and frankly don't know if I'll make it there but I'm tired of the skin issue so I'm going ahead. Good luck!

Most Active