Long Thigh Lift - 2 week update and surgeon comments

emelar
on 3/20/14 1:50 am - TX

I had my 2 week follow-up with the doc today.  All is well.  I commented on how ugly the incisions are, and he said "yup - but the improvement between today and 6 weeks is going to be outstanding."  My thighs are swollen, but not uncomfortably.  And I have no downstream swelling (calves, ankles, feet), which is like a lottery win.  Not cleared to exercise until 6 weeks out, but otherwise just keep doing what I'm doing - compression garment and silicon strips.  Pictures are included, but I warn you - they are not pretty!  The deep indentations will release as the sutures dissolve.

Right Leg

Left Leg

MyLady Heidi
on 3/20/14 3:38 am

Looks good, normally healing scar.  Should be wonderful once it is healed.

Congrats!

RobynJC
on 3/20/14 12:42 pm

Great update and your legs are looking great for only 2 weeks out. Happy healing!

Miss150
on 3/20/14 1:31 pm

hang in there, girly girl- it just grts better from now on out!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

pineview01
on 3/20/14 2:06 pm - Davison, MI

Thank you for sharing the photos!  Also thank you to those in the know responding to emelar as to me, not having had it those incisions look nasty and very angry.  This has been very helpful to us researching to get a realistic idea of what to expect.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

mmgovett
on 3/21/14 12:47 am - Frisco, TX

I'm about to start my plastics journey and live in the Dallas area.  Would you be willing to share who your surgeon is?

emelar
on 3/21/14 2:17 am - TX

Richard Ha with Dallas Plastic Surgery Associates, corner of Park Lane and 75.  There was another surgeon that I consulted (Robert Winslow at the Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Center of Texas in Plano) that was my second choice.  I just preferred Ha's approach to it all better, he's physically a little closer, and I preferred his office staff/operations.  Prices were all comparable.

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/14 2:40 am

I totally agree that the cuts show scalloping, unevenness which normally resolve with time and use of support over wounds.

pineview01
on 4/5/14 1:28 pm - Davison, MI

Good to have an idea of what we are looking to go thru.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active