Sleeping and thigh lift

veranda
on 3/19/14 1:41 pm

Can anyone give me suggestions on where I

should sleep after my thigh lift? Is sleeping in a recliner a better idea than getting in and out of bed trying to lift my legs? Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks.

emelar
on 3/19/14 1:49 pm - TX

I've slept in bed from the beginning. First day or two, I had to use my arms a bit more to get myself positioned more easily. Slept on my back with my legs raised for a few days, then discovered I could sleep comfortably on my side with a pillow between my legs.  I'm in a compression garment, which may make a difference. 

veranda
on 3/19/14 10:02 pm

Thanks so much for your feedback!

jeterway
on 3/19/14 8:19 pm

I slept in my bed from the beginning as well.  I used a step to help get in and out of bed as the bed is pretty high.  I had to sleep on my back for the first few days then gradually felt more comfortable rolling on to my side.

veranda
on 3/19/14 10:02 pm

Thanks!

pineview01
on 3/20/14 2:27 pm - Davison, MI

I haven't had the surgery yet but, the surgeon has said no recliner as it can cause blood clots.  

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

veranda
on 3/21/14 10:40 am

I never thought of that!

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/14 4:57 am

Whatever feels comfortable for you and it depends on what type of thigh lift you had but you definitely want to move your legs at least every half hour while you are awake to prevent blood clots.

Most Active