Home from thighplasty

emelar
on 3/5/14 8:33 am, edited 3/5/14 9:22 am - TX

Had surgery yesterday afternoon.  Spent the night in the recovery hotel and came home today. Just skin removal, no lipo. Not doing too bad. Pain meds are working great. Pain hasn't gotten worse than a five. Two drains putting out very little. Incisions are ropey, just like they said they would be. I'm pretty comfortable in the compression garment. I haven't had any problem getting up or down, or using the toilet. So far, so good. Follo up is next week when drains should be removed. So far, so good!

Incision

MyBariatricLife
on 3/5/14 11:38 am

Wishing you a speedy recovery and great results!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

emelar
on 3/6/14 2:18 am - TX

Thanks!  Day two and all is well. Hurts a bit at either end, but not in the middle. Not nearly as brain foggy as I was with the LBL. Probably because the surgery was significantly shorter. 

Miss150
on 3/5/14 10:50 pm

Congratulations, brave girl!  Rest up- Heal well, EXTRA SKIN BEGONE!!!!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

emelar
on 3/6/14 2:20 am - TX

From your lips to God's ear!  I've made plans to go eat some crawfish on Sunday. Hoping I'm up to it  I do love me some mud bugs!

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/14 10:29 am

Congrats! Wish for your speed recovery.

ALABAMA
on 3/8/14 10:10 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA

Glad you are doing fine, I hope you have a speedy recovery.  Thanks for posting the pictures ,  I will have this done also.

MyBariatricLife
on 7/18/14 6:26 am

How are you now, can you provide and update, please? Thanks!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

onefourthofme
on 7/18/14 6:33 am

Yes! We'd love some updates!  I know this surgery is in my future..sigh.  Love, Beth.

emelar
on 7/18/14 7:46 am - TX

Probably be next week before I can post pics, but the recovery has been super easy.  As ugly as the incisions were, they never gave any problem and, other than not walking with a full stride for a week or two, I went back to work at 10 days without any issues.  And I feel the difference when I move and exercise, not to mention the fact that my pants legs have a lot more room in them.

The incision has healed really well.  Unfortunately, my body is doing what my body always does - not dissolving the sutures that are under the skin as fast as I'd like.  So it's still puckered in places because the sutures haven't released.  It makes the whole thing look like a mess because of the puckering.  It's much, much, much better than it was right after surgery, but still there. 

Doc said it's healing pretty normally, to just be patient.  Sigh.  I hate practicing my patience!

Most Active