Tummy tuck and thigh lift

veranda
on 3/1/14 10:43 am

Has anyone had a tummy tuck and thigh revision together? I am nervous to have these procedures together. Thanks

nursegal132
on 3/1/14 12:09 pm - CALGARY, Canada

many docs wont do them together as it is too much anesthesia, I did mine separately, I just had a thigh lift 2 1/2 weeks ago, the PS wanted to do a good job and threw some lipo in on the knee area, talk about painful.  my knee bones are very tender when I sleep on my sides.  But it looks good, despite the swelling and the bruising.  I almost think im glad I did them all separately.  You use your abs to get up and down, as well as your legs.  At least if the abs are healed it helps with walking and vice versa.  Good luck with everything.  I was still the fat girl (in my head) till I had my thighs done, now, even tho the thighs aren't perfect, that fat person is gone, and when I look at myself now I can finally smile.

veranda
on 3/1/14 1:06 pm

Thank you for your response. I should have mentioned that I already had a tummy tuck.  This would be a revision with a thigh lift. I don't need my abs tightened again. They are fine. 

MyBariatricLife
on 3/2/14 4:32 am

Yes. I had this back in October. My tummy tuck was revised to a body lift and I had a mdeial thigh lift, as well as an extended arm lift and breast lift. I am approaching 5-mos out and I am delighted with my results. Recovery was pretty easy. I was back to sex after 2 weeks and back to the gym after 4 weeks. I only had pain the first two days and after that it was discomfort. I had a complication with my arm but it healed well.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

veranda
on 3/2/14 5:13 am

How long were you off work? Was there a lot of pain? Is there anything I should know about the thigh lift?

MyBariatricLife
on 3/2/14 5:18 am

I work remotely -- from home and on the road -- and in fact I was working while I was recuperating in the hotel. My friend is returning to work one week after her thigh lift and body lift revision. No, there was not a lot of pain. I refused my pain meds because they were making me ill. My pain actually was in my abdo and only the night of surgery and the first night after surgery. 

A toilet seat riser, slip on shoes, easy to pull on and off pants are all useful post op. It will be challenging to bend. Oh and a roll pillow for under your knees. There is not much to it, really, at least that was my experience -- but everyone handles it differently.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

veranda
on 3/2/14 8:45 am

Thank you for sharing your experience. How long was your surgery? The Dr told me it would be about 6 hours. Does that sound right? Thanks- Beth

MyBariatricLife
on 3/2/14 9:10 am

My surgery was 6 hours and 20 minutes but Dr. Capella and Scott are very fast.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

veranda
on 3/2/14 7:56 pm

Was it outpatient?

MyBariatricLife
on 3/3/14 10:50 am

Mo. I stayed in Care One for a few days. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active