Tummy Tuck recovery questions

historybuff223
on 3/1/14 11:50 pm - Mountain Brook, AL

Thanks for that advice! I am excited, but getting nervous. I will be sure to put a pillow under my thighs -- maybe that will help with swelling also?

Ms_Swoosh
on 3/30/14 1:19 am - Indian Trail, NC

HI! Wanted to hear how you were doing?  How on track answers were to your personal recovery time and what your results were :)  I am going in on Friday.....have been fine with the whole thing until I realized that (and I know i will sound dumb) but I realized that no exercise meant no gym time...this is my "down time" after teaching my special needs class all day.  Now I am trying to figure out what it is people do with themselves that don't gym, and how do they control stress and what will I do.... Let me know what you found worked for you and how you are doing :)  I only have two weeks out of work to mend so I need to do everything correctly so that I can be back to teaching after two weeks.  Hope you are doing great, look forward to hearing from you!  

...just keep swimming,

Swoosh

I am a work in progress...perhaps never completed or perfected; but forever working to change for the better...
~Swoosh
   August 2012   New Dr.... New Start... Dr. David Voellinger        

White Dove
on 3/30/14 1:30 am - Warren, OH

Sit in a recliner and watch daytime TV.  Judge Judy is hilarious.  The more you rest after this surgery the quicker you will heal.

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/14 6:03 am

It is uncomfortable and many times painful with a TT for the muscles are plicated or sutured in the midline which supports the back and flattens the stomach. If you are active, you could conceivably start driving within a week and return to almost full activity within two, depending on the drainage.

Most Active