Extended inner thigh lift approved! SCARED Any tips? warnings? advice?

star72597
on 3/13/14 7:22 am - Indianapolis, IN

I can't view your Utube videos.  I am so excited for you and am dying to see your progress! How do I gain access?

MyBariatricLife
on 2/4/14 12:25 pm

I am 4-mos post thigh lift and my incision sounds identical to what you describe. My recovery was easy. I had virtually no pain and took virtually no pain killers. I had the thigh lift in combo with my extended arm lift, breast lift, and body lift (no tummy tuck). Of my recovery the arms were the worst. I did get a small groin opening but it healed very quickly.

get yourself a toilet seat riser and a woman's urinal. Get slip on shoes. You won't be able to bend a lot. 

As for scars, waterproof airbrush makeup works wonders. 

Be use to wear 50 sun block on the incisions this summer. The sun makes the scars darken. Some friends have had good results with laser therapy.

i love my thighs - see pix on RealSelf as my album is not working here on OH. 

Confrats on completing your transformation and getting insurance to pick it up!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/14 1:51 am

Thank you for all the tips! So happy you are happy!

danielle3911
on 2/4/14 11:54 pm

That is awesome that you have your insurance to approve it!!  My insurance is BCBS of IL and they have paid for my tummy but I was wondering how you got them to approve your thighs?  I am so wanting to have that surgery on my legs too.  Any advice would be appreciated.

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/14 1:46 am

They paid for my belly too I just paid a little extra to make it a true lower body lift. I was Mass Health aka Network Health together plan, they deined me at first but I appealed... I'll just say I did my research! I will be making a video on youtube soon of the process and what I did after the surgery

danielle3911
on 2/18/14 12:31 pm

I contacted my plastic surgeon and he submitted to the insurance for my TT last year and I was approved and had the surgery.  I asked him if he was willing to submit a letter regarding my inner thighs and he said he didn't feel like I had enough argument to get the insurance to approve but I wish he would be willing to try at least.  

Most Active