Extended inner thigh lift approved! SCARED Any tips? warnings? advice?

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/14 4:06 am

I will be having a extended inner thigh lift done by Dr. Medina at Boston Medical center. The doctor say the incision will go from the side of my knee up to my thigh and then the cut will go up to the pubic area and wrap towards my butt.

This surgery is being covered 100% by insurance! (yay)

Any tips or suggestions would be awesome! I hear this area opens a lot and I can do to help avoid it? I also hear this surgery is one of the most painful...scared!

emelar
on 2/3/14 4:45 am - TX

Congratulations on getting insurance to pick up the tab!

I getting the same lift done in March.  I understand that it's prone to developing opening along the incision line.  I don't know of anything special you can do about it other than keep off your feet as much as possible.....while walking to make sure you don't develop clots.  Yeah, don't know how well this is going to work.  I had a LBL done last year, and can't imagine this could be more painful than that was.  There's no muscle repair involved in the thigh lift - just skin removed.  So I'm expecting (fingers crossed) and easier, less painful recovery.

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/14 9:53 am

It is nice to know I am not alone here! Thanks for your reply! :) I've had the lbl, arm lift and implants this will be my last surgery and I am so glad it will be all over after this. For my lbl was teh worst by far so I hope it will not be as bad. My surgery is Feb 20th

sonnieN
on 2/3/14 4:50 am - grand rapids, MI

This was the most painful surgery I had out of all my plastics. However it seemed to be the quickest to feeling like 100% I'd say about 3 to 4 weeks and I was back out at the bar and doing other normal things. Going to the bathroom was probably the most difficult but you'll just have to figure out what works for you. I took more pain meds w/ this surgery so initially didn't anticipate the constipation that goes along w/ that so made an already difficult situation that much worse. Started taking the stool softeners and things got better. Just take it slow and take it easy the results are worth it. I did have spots at the top of both inner thights that opened up. Don't think there was really any way to avoid that since it's where all 3 insisions met up. I'd say that took a few months to heal but my Dr wasn't concerned about it just said to keep it cleaned.

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/14 9:57 am

That is what I have heard from everyone so far! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this out for me and anyone else who needs this info. Would you say over all it was wroth it? scars worry me but I've already got a lbl, arms, and boobs done so I'm use to the whole surgery "thing".

Any tips on using the bathroom. I think its gonna hurt because I have to sit wondering if there is anything I should buy or perpare before hand? Anything you found helpful I'd love to hear. Thanks in advance!

godzilla
on 2/3/14 6:44 pm - Israel
Congrats on your Insurance coverage! Lucky you!
Expect the pain and possible openings and make sure you have the appropriate pain meds that work for you as well as specific creams you might need do if there is GD Forbid a problem you can take a pic of the are and email to your PS and be told what cream or bandage you will need.
Up your proteins and have fiber or stool softener to combat the pain meds.
I think someone posted a tip for the bathroom: a special seat over the toilet so your not sitting as far down and maybe a seat for in the shower.
Inner thighs are most sensitive (I wish my HMO would cover me for the inner thighs!) as this area is closest to the erotic/sensuous and sex areas.
Keep on top of how you shower and bandages and GD Willing there will be no complications.
Mikimi in Israel
(deactivated member)
on 2/4/14 3:17 am

I know even the doctors were like wow you got covered that never ever happens! Lets just say I did my research ;)  Have you tried to get it covered?

Thank you for teh tips... the pain is what scares me

godzilla
on 2/4/14 3:35 am - Israel
My HMO paid for the panni and breasts albeit a year apart and after two appeals and usually one is likely to only get the panni.
I already appealed twice and had to see the Head PS of my HMO group for all of Israel- and he denied my revision to breasts of dog ears and "bra blubber" to be only cosmetic although I was in pain; and this is after a surgery and complication that the HMO covered.
This is a situation where I almost wish this PS would not be invisible job. My out of pocket for in Day Surgery revision with local anesthetic and each side seperately is at a cost of $1,100 each.
I am I appeals with Ministry of Health in the hopes they can overturn this PS' decision.
Mikimi
MyBariatricLife
on 2/4/14 12:27 pm

Good luck! 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/14 1:49 am

Oh man that sucks, I feel like some people don't know what it is like because they are not and will never be in our shoes! Best of luck to you and God bless!

Most Active