Fleur-de-lis Tummy Tuck

muknanav
on 3/1/14 1:53 am - Erin, Canada

Hi Cheryle,

How did yours go? Did you have complications? I hope you're feeling better soon!

Anita

5'8" ~ HW: 350 ~ Starting Weight at Guelph: 338 ~ Starting Weight on Opti: 313 ~ Surgery Weight: 298 

RNY July 17, 2013 ~ Dr Foute-Nelong ~ CW: 159

Cheryle
on 3/1/14 2:11 am - VA

No complications I am just not used to do this doing much of nothing. The first 5 days were the worse -I just want to get my energy back BUT I have to remind me it's only been 16 days. I am still doing a drain and to much to lose it yet.  The dr said I may keep it longer as he removed 17 pounds the most he'd ever in his career.   

muknanav
on 3/1/14 4:35 am - Erin, Canada

Wow! Hopefully you notice that change on the scale too! ;) Fingers crossed that the drain comes out soon. I can imagine your frustration with moving slowly. It will bet better.

Take care!

Anita

5'8" ~ HW: 350 ~ Starting Weight at Guelph: 338 ~ Starting Weight on Opti: 313 ~ Surgery Weight: 298 

RNY July 17, 2013 ~ Dr Foute-Nelong ~ CW: 159

PuffyPixie
on 3/3/14 8:11 pm, edited 3/3/14 8:14 pm

I had emergency surgery 2 years ago and ended up with a 12 inch midline scar so I opted for the Fleur de lis LBL since I already had the scar and you really do get the best results with this procedure. Plus the scar that the plastic surgeon left is much better than the one the general surgeon left in the ER!  I am three weeks post op as of today.  It was relatively pain free.  I remember some burning and stinging one time when I got up to walk but that was it. Just keep up with your pain meds.  I've had no complications and minimal swelling. The scar looks like a thin paper cut around my waist and down the middle of my stomach. The only disappointment is that the waist scar is higher than I wanted. It Sits just above or on my hip bone and will show in a bikini. My surgeon said the scar has to be a little higher with Fleur de lis in order to get you as skinny as possible.  If he cut lower, he would not have been able to pull my middle as tight. But, if you're willing to have a midline scar, you probably weren't planning on wearing a bikini anyway.  I've slept in a recliner since day one and love it. So glad we bought it last minute. Plan to sleep downstairs. I couldn't do steps for two weeks. The raised toilet seat has been nice. Soft loose underwear and a knit sports bra came in handy.  Don't wear anything good home from surgery as you may leak in spots. Strip your drains often.  Even if they don't look like they need it.  It creates suction and cuts down on the discomfort a lot.  It also reduces the chances of draining around the insertion point which will also stain your clothes. I'm a stay at home mom so returning to work is not a concern. But, I feel like I could return to a desk job this week (3) if needed.  Feel free to let me know if you have anymore questions.  I'm happy to help!

RNY April 2009
264/142/150
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!
They only fixed your stomach, not your head!
Most Active