Swelling

Meg_S
on 1/26/14 4:58 am - Natick, MA
I had a panniculectomy with tummy tuck and bilateral thigh lift on Jan15. I am still really swollen and sore, mostly from the thigh lift. My surgeon wraps the thigh lift around the groin and up to the tear end. How long does this painful swelling last? I keep waiting to "turn that corner" and feel like I can maybe do something other than watch tv. A shower wears me out for the day, the binding garment smells terrible. Please give me a time frame to look forward to.

Highest weight = 272, surgery weight = 240, goal weight = 135   

godzilla
on 1/26/14 7:59 am - Israel
No concrete answers for you as many talk about Swell Hell although was not problem- I just get wound healing issues.
I definitely know what you mean on uncertainty in healing pain and swelling.
Many talk of swelling for sone time and if you are at all like me, the knowing how long sone thing might be makes it not feel as bad or as long. And then you can cope better and more easily.
Maybe buy another binder jr wash this one while you are in the shower and blow dry it...
Hang in there!
I thinking drinking helps the fluids to pee out.
Mikimi in Israel
Jody ***
on 1/26/14 10:36 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

I had swelling for a good 4-5 months.  You're not that far out from surgery - just take it easy and be patient... it DOES get better.. trust me.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

DrL
on 1/28/14 6:15 am - Houston, TX

I provide a lymphatic massage as part of my followup care for patients.  Some sign up for a series of sessions with my therapist.  There is a lot of good science behind stimulating the lymphatic vessels to drain the fluid and toxins from the area of surgery, so consider talking to your doc about this.

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
PSoftGirl
on 2/16/14 8:18 am - Alpharetta, GA

Hi Dr L - my PS is in another city, and i am doing lymphatic massage @ my chiro's office - she is very good, but I am sure I am her first post surgical (much less LBL) client.  Do you have any info (Website - yours or another) that is specific to LBL (or similar) as a reference?  

HW 366 (2004) * HW Pre-OP 271 (VSG) * CW 157 * GW 145

VSG - Dr. Paul Macik (Atlanta, GA) - 7/09

Post MWL Plastics with Dr. Peter Fisher (San Antonio, TX) 12/13

Most Active