Dehisc and slough...Any tips or tricks?

JazzyOne9254
on 1/16/14 8:33 am

Summary:  After losing 247 pounds, I began the task of medically necessary skin reduction on 12/27/2013.

I was set to address all areas of the lower body, but my surgeon decided, after getting me in to surgery, that there was too much to do at one time, and staging would work better.  Starting point - inner thighs.

It was not picture perfect.

I have about a 6 inch long, and at least as deep area of dehisc in the left thigh incision , and a 1/10'' area in my right thigh, which is about how the left started out.

I have some skin sloughing around the incision and staples, which looks normal (for me), since I've had some sloughing from other surgeries.

I am having the dehisc treated at a wound care clinic, and the staples are supposed to come out in a couple weeks.

I was nutritionally sound going into surgery.  Does this just happen to some people, or is there something else I could have done nutritionally  to prevent this?

P.S. - I supplemented with L-Arginine capsules, in addition to my regular vitamin regimen pre-op.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

godzilla
on 1/16/14 6:36 pm - Israel
Done say nutrition-extra zinc,but -, protein.
Did it all and I always have problems -sine of which I posted at the time in my OH blog.
Pm me your number and I'll be glad to talk to you or call me. I think I sent you my number1-914-336-4218 will connect straight to my cell and we can talk.
Mikimi in Israel
Most Active