Help. Feeling very bad about the surgeries I did

Jooj
on 12/20/13 6:06 pm
Hi,    Help pls, I feel lost, sad and very depressed.  Hope someone can help me answer my concerns and worries :(   I'm new to US and I came to California just to do my post weight loss surgeries. I lost over 120 pounds and have lots of excess skin that need to be removed and i just wanted a decent looking body.    After doing some search and meeting my dr. I decided to do all my body contouring surgeries with him.   I did two surgeries so far: 1) circumfrential belt lipectomy 3 months back. 2) extended brachioplasty two weeks back.   I have concerns and issues in both surgeries and with the doctor. :(   And now, I'm looking for a second opinion doctor as I'm not happy with the results and with the way the doctor is treating me.    1) Can you kindly recommend a good well known doctor that I can see for second opinion and to continue my other surgeries with him ( mainly thigh left)   My issues are as follow:  2) After the circumfrential, I noticed that my tummy is not flat and now, there are skin wrinkles as if I need another tummy tuck! Is this normal? I'm really shocked :(    2) also, he didn't do any butt fixing! It's still saggy and no lift at all! When I asked him, he said that there is nothing to lift! This is normal answer? :(   3) I had the extended arm lift two weeks back. My Arms are different in size and I have a strange fold on the each side under my arm pit! Is this normal? He said he had to do  it to give me a good back shape and the fold might disappear by time if we consider it a swelling! Or a surgery might be needed later.   I'm lost & I still have thigh lift and I don't want to continue with the same doctor and have more issues.    Everybody feels happy after doing their surgeries but me,  Im depressed and not happy. I never ever had a normal body since childhood and when I decided to take care of this, I face these issues.   Please, can someone recommend for me good doctors in LA, newport beach or any city in California? Who I can visit for second opinion and to do my other surgeries with him?    Thanks and sorry for the long message :(    
Iam_with_the_Band
on 12/20/13 8:38 pm

Have you considered meeting with Dr Agha?

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

hollykim
on 12/21/13 7:16 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

can you travel out of the US? Are you self paying for your surgeries? If so I would recommend Dr. sauceda in Monterey,MX. His patients have started a group on this board if you want more info. I am going for my plastics there early January. 

I don't work for him or get any compensate tin for recommending him,but I believe him to be excellent and much MUCH more reasonable cost wise than in the US.

gL and sorry for the issues,you certainly should be able to expect to be reasonable pleased with your outcomes. 

wls2011
on 12/30/13 7:03 am - Ballston Lake, NY

A lot of people wind up unhappy with the results of their surgeries. You are definitely not alone. Have you checked out realself website? Many patients post their pics and stories there and surgeons will also respond to your pics with suggestions and opinions sometimes. You can also look for reviews of CA doctors.

As far as the wrinkles and puckering go, it seems to be normal and I had them and they went away. I am 6 months post op, still have some swelling, but it is improving. I definitely do not have a completely flat tummy, but I did gain a little weight during recovery and also had seromas which may have ruined my results. Whatever the case, I'm not very thrilled with my procedures either.

Good luck! And I hope you get the results you are wanting.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Jooj
on 1/8/14 4:32 am

Thank you all for your replies.

Iam_with_the_Band: I went do Dr.Agha after my first surgery. But I prefered to continue with my surgeon (guess it was a mistake)

hollykim: appreciating yor help. Unfortunately I cant go to MX

wls2011: thank you very much for your words. I hope I won't need another 360 revision. I looked into realself and booked a consultation with a dr. but I still need another one.

Thank you all,

Most Active