X-Post - I've got a date with plastic surgeon!!!!

JazzyOne9254
on 12/11/13 7:59 am

After nearly losing my mind....

I've got a surgery date!!!!

My plastics will take place December 27th at 10:00 AM  at St. Vicnent's Hospital, Indianapolis!  

I got a call from the assistant today, who said the insurance company was called about the change of location, and told that both hospitals are part of the same corporation, just a different geographical location (about 10 miles worth!).  The assistant told me that the insurance company said the change of location would not be a problem, and they will send me a new approval letter indicating the different hospital.

I've had many questions asking how I got the insurance company to approve the plastics.  The skin has become a medical issue in and of itself, and I have been plagued by several bouts of cellulitis.  According to something I read, Severe Morbid Obesity is one risk factor for cellulitis.I never had it when I was SMO.  However, I am no longer obese, just overweight, according to the charts.  Once the excess skin and fat deposits come off, I will be closer to chart weight.

I have just a little time to get myself together for the surgery, as the hospital is two hours away.  

I'm a little concerned about being held in hospital for only 24 hours after the surgery, but I will discuss that with the doctor.

Big ups to G-d for making it all possible!  

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

godzilla
on 12/11/13 11:14 am - Israel
Yippee yahoo!!!
Thanks to The Lord Above!
Stock up on protein and up yourself.
Think if whT you need to do now to nKe life easier when you get home from the surgery.
Countdown...
Mikimi in Israel
JazzyOne9254
on 12/14/13 7:12 pm

Yep...on it like a bad suit! 

I was at my regular PCP appointment this week, and she says she will arrange for a home health aide, and a nurse to attend to the wounds.  I'm wondering, though, if I should talk to the surgeon about checking into a rehab facility for the 20 days I have, since I live two hours away from the surgeon, and shouId I need to be seen quickly, it would be quite a long ambulance ride.

I'm sure that decision will be made appropriately when the time comes.

The surgeon or my PCP will need to write for a motorized recliner.  It will be good to have one as I age, anyway! To rent one would be $125 bucks a month..and after six months of rental, I could have paid for one!

Freeing my apartment of clutter and unneeded items.    Can't wait to go clothes shopping when I'm healed!

godzilla
on 12/14/13 8:02 pm - Israel
I would be happy to call and talk with you.
Mikimi
Tess145
on 12/12/13 10:21 pm - Senatobia, MS

Super blessings to you!

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

JazzyOne9254
on 12/14/13 7:15 pm

Thank you, Tess145 !  So excited!!!

Most Active