My arm looks awful after brachioplasty

MyLady Heidi
on 11/13/13 1:40 pm

No I was told the straight line scar on the arm had a higher chance of keloid, so breaking up the angles helps avoid that, it is a flat scar and healed pretty well considering the laxity of the skin.

MyBariatricLife
on 11/14/13 6:13 am

Got it. 

I am so frustrated today because I do not understand why these aren't healing. The right arm has had hyper granulation for a week or so. But it is the darn axilla that won't close that have me upset. I called Dr. Capella's office at 2:30pm and he never got back to me and since it is 5:15pm I do not expect to hear from him tonight. That's not like him. I wish that I could have spoken to him about why I am not healing. Here are updated pix and I just think the axilla look worse.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 11/10/13 11:32 am

Also, feel free to show your surgeon my photos and ask if this could happen to you, if you are concerned and it would set your mind at ease. I would be curious to hear what he has to say, as well. Good luck with your surgery! 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Reel
on 11/10/13 4:22 pm, edited 11/10/13 4:34 pm

Well girl, right now the most important thing is for you to remain positive, and as stress free as possible. Stress and worry may delay your healing. The bottom line is that you WILL eventually heal. Not sure about how long it will take - because if I recall correctly  from reading your previous posts is that he already advised you weeks ago that the small opening would close up shortly. After this thing is all over and all of your wounds are healed, I will really tell you what I think about this really sad situation. However, what I WILL say now, is that you should have a  2nd eye (and nose for that matter) on this thing (ie. PCP or local Plastic Surgeon). It' s fine if you want to wait for Dr. Capella to give you the "go ahead" prior to following any treatment instructions from other physicians / surgeons, however I would not wait for him to tell me whether or not it would be "good idea" to follow up with another doctor. To me that should seem obvious by now. 

The pictures that you posted today look as if your wound is healing (well at least it looks better than before). I feel so bad because I've followed your postings for sometime, and I know that you were really excited about this Doctor and your surgery. Again, so sorry that you are going through this.   

Also, I really do not mean to sound judgmental, but I would SERIOUSLY reconsider going back to this plastic surgeon for any more work. You have already had issues with a TT that he performed, a Mons lift that compromised your ******s. I think after the armlift, thighlift, and range of motion issues,  it may be evident that the "universe" is trying to tell you something. He may in fact be a "great" plastic surgeon; however it does not seem like he's the plastic surgeon that is right for you. I will take a great sigh of relief with you when this thing is all over with. However, know that if your "range of motion" continues to remain compromised for much longer....you may end up needing to go to "physical therapy", so it may be good to get your PCP onboard now, if you have not already done so. 

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/10/13 5:13 pm

Reel,  I have never seen this happen with any of Dr S's patients.  He's very conservative and he doesn't pull the arms as tight as other surgeons do.  Some complain about this and wish he would pull it tighter, but he doesn't want complications like this to happen.  Just a thought, since you verbalized a fear

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Reel
on 11/10/13 5:34 pm

Thank you for helping to put my mind at ease. :-)

MyBariatricLife
on 11/10/13 10:52 pm
Good luck with your surgery! I am probably not a typical case. But do understand that complications are possible with any surgeon and any surgery. I am not trying to scare you, or defend Dr. Capella, or disparage Dr. Sauceda but I do know a patient personally who had a lot of complications after her surgery with him. I am sure Dr. S also has many satisfied customers too. I surely know that Chris is delighted with him and I do not think she had any complications with all the big surgeries she had.

Risks are involved so just be prepared. You seem to have an excellent head on your shoulders and I am confident you will manage through anything that might arise, although it is unlikely anything will happen except beautiful results! Hugs!!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Reel
on 11/11/13 4:09 am

{{{{Hugs}}}}} back to you sweetie! Get better soon!

MyBariatricLife
on 11/10/13 10:43 pm
I have never heard of this happening to anyone with any surgeon. If someone has, I sure would appreciate hearing from them. I would like to know about the details of their recovery, etc.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 11/11/13 5:04 am

I guess it is a very personal decision that each patient must make... with every thing in life there are trade offs... the first tradeoff is scars: do you want to trade off your hanging fat for permanent scars? the next trade off is how much fat for how much scarring... eg use a longer incision to remove more fat and get a longer scar. then the tradeoff is do you want to be aggressive and get potentially better results with a potentially higher risk profile.

My answer to all of the above is yes, yes, and yes. I thought long and hard about this pre operatively and had many discussions with Dr. Capella about it. I remain happy with my decision and would do it over even knowing I would have these minor complications. But that is me. Others may feel differently about what they want from their surgery.

I have seen many women need to do their arms a second time because not enough was removed in the first round. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active