My arm looks awful after brachioplasty

MyBariatricLife
on 1/1/14 1:31 pm

Oh no!!! What a horrible dinner with all those starches and carbs! I was amazed at the care center the chef/cook/man who ran the kitchen came to my room and asked me what I wanted. He went to the store and bought some special items for me. And for every meal they made me whatever I wanted. He also brough me a case of bottled water so I did notha ve to drink tap water, and he have me fresh pineapple at every meal whereas the regular residents got canned fruit (blech) and the type of meal that you described in your above post.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Sarahlicious
on 1/1/14 1:38 pm - Portsmouth, OH

Yes, all those starches and carbs...then one night they came in and did my finger stick right after dinner...not that I ate ALL that...but still after a meal and my blood sugar was high...no really? I asked if they had a range for post meals and nurse was like nope...if it's ever in this range we have to give you a shot of coverage insulin...as you can guess by this point I was beyond annoyed with the whole finger stick/blood sugar stuff. I was very glad I had taken my protein powder, and that Mom could bring stuff in but she was in from out of town so she didn't know where a lot of places were...all went fine healed well from it.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

MyBariatricLife
on 1/2/14 12:23 am

Oy veh, probably the last place I'd look for nutrition advice is from a registered dietician - who obviously was the one who created the menu at that hospital. The standard American diet is a bunch of crap! I am so glad when I meet people who are engaged and empowered in their health. You inspire me!!! 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 1/2/14 12:31 am

BTW I went for vigorous neurological testing recently to rule out cognitive impairment as there is a history of that in my family. So the neurologist that I met with, who despite his credentials was a bit of an ass, upon one 30-min meeting diagnosed me with localized adiposity and gave me a print out of the Standard American Diet. Outrageous! First, I do not have adiposity but rather excess skin on my legs, which Dr. Capella removed subsequently during my thigh lift. Second, there is a lot of data linking diet to Alzheimer's and in fact researchers are terming it Diabetes Type 3 - so the SAD would be the worst thing one could do for cognitive impairment (as well as weight loss!). Third, WTF?!?!? I did not consult with him for his opinion on my body. That is what I have a plastic surgeon for. Asswipe!!! hahaha the jerk still ****** me off. 

Bottom line: It's your body. I am thrilled that you don't let HCP push you around when you know what is right for your health.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MSSEXXC74
on 11/6/13 4:54 pm

HOLY **** girlfriend.  I Would be done with plastics after that!

MyBariatricLife
on 11/6/13 11:05 pm
LOL, I promise you that it looks worse than it is!!! I mean it is ugly and annoying but it is not painful and only superficial. It will heal much smaller than it is but likely result in a thicker scar that my surgeon will revise if needed.

It is really the small openings in the arm pit that are somewhat painful from time to time. I also have a limited range of motion with my arms that I am going to speak to my surgeon about today.

This is only a minor setback. I had a huge surgery and I really did not expect to get through it without any complications. Although I had hoped I would

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 11/4/13 7:10 am
On November 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM Pacific Time, MyLady Heidi wrote:

All you need to do is put the picture somewhere online, here or Flickr or anywhere, right click and copy the picture and then right click paste or Ctrl V if it makes you do that, either is the paste function. 

I can't beat to see your arms that just makes my entire arm hurt to look at it.

Hugs!

OMG that was soooooooo easy!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a bunch!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Mell
on 11/4/13 9:51 am

My incision closed up but it is not a straight line it looks like the letter M when I look down on it. I am going to have a small revision also in January to straighten it out. I really hope you feel better soon and thank you again for your honesty and willingness to post the happy and no so happy moments!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

MyBariatricLife
on 11/4/13 10:49 am

You are very welcome. I will always post the good, the bad and the ugly. Sometimes I am shockingly candid. 

Thank you for your comments, as I appreciate your perspective and experience. I wish you luck with your revision in Jan. I am planning to have my last surgery between Jan and Mar.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

godzilla
on 11/4/13 7:00 pm - Israel
I'm jealous yet happy for you that you had/have the money (no netter where it comes from) to do all your procedures.
There is a certain feeling of "depression" about three weeks after but if you know it could happen I find it doesn't quite happen as severely.
You know my opinions on our procedures but then again if one is paying out of pocket one wants the PS and their own body to cooperate and give excellent results!
I wish my body would cooperate better but since I usually wear modest clothing (3/4 sleeves and skirts to the knees) when I go out, and I don't like going to the beach; and I looked real fine in my bathing suit (as you saw) if I did want to go to a pool, I just don't have the same "regret" issues you or others might have.
I fought for my HMO procedures and the revision I paid for and will pay for in dog-ears after BL/BR with bra blubber removal is paid for with hard-earned money often working as a caretaker for a 92 year old grandmother living with her son's family that when I have shifts, I work from 11pm until 1pm the next day.
Hang in there, my friend. Take your pics, keep and compare along with sending to your PS and you will see your body transform every day. Oftentimes things look worse before better and the way it looks bad/yuck/scary to us is just "normal" healing process.
Mikimi
Your overseas friend
Most Active