My arm looks awful after brachioplasty

MyBariatricLife
on 11/6/13 11:19 am

oh, did you go to Dr. Capella, as well? i don't have to shave or use deodorant either. But my boobs are now a B and before the lift the were a D/DD. So I need implants. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

cleos_mom
on 11/6/13 11:43 am - phila., PA

No I use Dr Lam from bucks county plastics in NEWTOWN pa, I used to be a b/c cup n now I m a D/DD

MyBariatricLife
on 11/6/13 12:28 pm

I am curious, where are your incisions for your face lift and neck lift? Did he cut and tighten the muscles or just the skin?

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

cleos_mom
on 11/6/13 2:57 pm - phila., PA

Yes he cut n tightened the muscles. My scars go from the front of my ear around the back of my ear , you can't see them at all,u could never see the ones in front of my ear even the first day they were so tiny

MyBariatricLife
on 11/6/13 4:28 pm

Thanks. And what about in the neck?

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

cleos_mom
on 11/6/13 9:34 pm - phila., PA

He pulled that behind my ears

MyBariatricLife
on 11/6/13 11:14 pm
Thank you. Dr. Capella wants to make an incision under my jawline. I don't know if because I have so much darn fat there that it is what he must do, but it seems a very conspicuous place to have a scar.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Sarahlicious
on 1/1/14 12:13 pm - Portsmouth, OH

After my open hernia repair and panni, I am not diabetic, never have been....yet they were checking my blood sugar several times a day...I was so annoyed by it as it was normal every time I finally refused the finger sticks.That was during my reg post op stay, the next week I was readmitted for infection in the T area and the resident asked me if I was still refusing finger sticks, I asked him WHY they were doing them and he explained there was some relation between infection feeding off sugar in the body, or something to that matter...it's been awhile but them monitoring my blood sugar levels was in relation to monitoring infection or possible infection....so I allowed them to do the finger sticks...just had made no sense to me prior.

Just last year I was having a recurrent yeast infection and my nurse practioner checked my blood sugar also...again I do not know the complete theory behind it but she even said "I know you're not diabetic but since you seem to not be able to get over this infection I want to check you blood sugar"...it was perfect range.

So your diabetes might not have caused the infection, but might affected the severity and/or ability to heal.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

MyBariatricLife
on 1/1/14 12:49 pm

I had wondered that as well. But my last A1c was 5.7 (or maybe 5.9) and  it has been under control for a decade without medication. So I was told it was not a factor. But I think sometimes we take educated guesses at these medical mysteries and never have absolutes. So, who knows how many things came into play to create something so outside the norm. 

when I really amped my protein, and spit two stitches from the arm, and started vigorous exercise at the gym (increases blood flow) then the arm healed super quick. So at least I know what cured it. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Sarahlicious
on 1/1/14 12:56 pm - Portsmouth, OH

Yes...protein helps! When I readmitted they had me listed as a low cal diet...not post op per se...one day I got mashed potatoes, roll, corn, and a piece of chicken the size of my pinky! I asked for milk to mix a protein shake and was told that MILK would put me over my calories allowed on the diet....ugh these people were soooo scared of my WLS who had done the hernia repair part...I knew she'd be FINE with me having protein shakes! So I asked her to write a standing order that I get milk upon request...she did....but then I got no FOOD at all...the nurse/dietary read it as protein shakes only...ugh I sent my mom down to the McD for nuggets I said when WLS comes in and sees me with McD this will surely get straightened out...as for that point in time healing was higher priority than weight.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Most Active