My arm looks awful after brachioplasty

Happy Gurl
on 11/4/13 2:31 am
VSG on 10/26/12

I'm sorry that this happened, but it sounds like you're taking it in stride.  It will heal up eventually, and may not even need any sort of scar revision, but if it does I know you have one more surgery, that this can be done at the same time.  Take it easy, and find something fun to do to distract you...video games perhaps?  IDK, but soon you'll be able to get out a little more, be more mobile and fix that hair up:)  Take care and wish me luck...my LBL, and rest of thigh work is this Wednesday:) 

HW: 390, HbandW: 340, LbandW:237,

HsleeveW: on 10/27/12:270, CW: 167:) GW: 175 :))))

M1:22, M2:16, M3:10, M4:9, M5:8, M6: 9, M7: 8, M8: 6, M9: 3, M10: 4

MyBariatricLife
on 11/4/13 2:46 am

Wow, I will be thinking of you on Wednesday!!! I wish you great outcomes and a safe surgery. I cannot wait to hear all about it, and see your results!!!!!!!

I think that my arm looks better today and I am waiting to hear back from Dr. Capella on the pix that I sent over. As far as fun, I do need to get out. I cannot stand being cooped up. I was out all day yesterday but still not in my groove because I look like crap. Even though I wore my nice size 8 jeans they were quite baggy on me, especially in the thighs and ass. They fit me like a glove 3.5 weeks ago.  I just refuse to go out and buy clothes this time until I know what my final size is. 

I wish that I could exercise. Maybe I will walk on my treadmill with my husband watching in case I fall. That should help to loosen up that right leg, too!

Good luck, Michelle!!!!!!!!!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyLady Heidi
on 11/4/13 3:25 am

All you need to do is put the picture somewhere online, here or Flickr or anywhere, right click and copy the picture and then right click paste or Ctrl V if it makes you do that, either is the paste function. 

I can't beat to see your arms that just makes my entire arm hurt to look at it.

Hugs!

MyBariatricLife
on 11/4/13 7:09 am

Let's see if it works. Here is my right arm at its worst.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 11/4/13 7:36 am

Here is my arm today showing improvement.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

cleos_mom
on 11/6/13 8:19 am, edited 11/6/13 8:20 am - phila., PA

Your arm looks better the black is gone,after my thigh lift my inner thigh near groin de hissed

it looked like the inside of my legs were coming out just had to keep it clean and wait for it to close from the inside out,scar is nasty PS said he fix it but it s so far up n I don't wanna do that again.

had a face lift love it. 2 weeks later got a scab on my cheek next am

it got even bigger I ran to my Ps office and cause I knew what it was he gave me a cream to increase the blood flow , well it took a while to heal and then it looked like Freddie crooner skin on my face, so after several revisions in his office it looks so much better just a thin line, but where the scab started it wasn't even near any where near where he cut, 4 years later it is not to noticeable but I know it's there. All my scars on my butt and belly healed perfect but my face got screwed up, I am still diabetic even after WLS

Don't know what causes this, I think it's just a complication of PS, I m so glad my PS is only 15 minutes away cause I was there 2 to 3 x a week, it does take time to heal 

MyBariatricLife
on 11/6/13 9:57 am

Oh, thank you so much for posting about your experience!!! Yikes, both of your complications sound so scary. I know that mine is just a minor setback. The arm really looks worse than it feels. In fact, it is really the axilla openings that hurt and don't seem to be healing quickly, and the limited range of motion in my arms that are so bothersome. The arm wound may have a little hyper granulation. It seems to me that the red flesh is a little raised.

What in the world caused your face to have that reaction? As for your thigh, I had a small dehiscence in one groin that healed quickly, reopened, and healed again, but what you describe as the inside of your leg coming out would have scared the heck out of me. I am so glad that you had your surgeon nearby!

I really wish that my surgeon and I were even in the same state. I would have to get on a plane to see him. He is great with follow up care via emails and phone calls to me... but my concern now is the limitation of what he can see in a one dimensional photograph and my lack of medical knowledge that may lead me to not communicate something important to him. I wish that he could examine me.

I am speaking with him tomorrow to see if it makes sense for my PCP to look at me and sort of be Dr. Capella's eyes and hands. I am not anxious about this recovery but I want to stay on top of it. The limited range of motion in my arms and leg at 4 weeks post op is a little concerning to me, as is what may possibly be a wound healing issue in the axilla, and the proud flesh in the arm wound. 

I have type 2 diabetes but I control it with diet and exercise. I have been medication free for 10yrs+ and I take impeccable care of my health with regard to diet and nutrition. So I am surprised that I may be having a possible healing issue and I wonder if it is related to my diabetes??? Or does it fall into the randomness of "**** happens." 

My incisions after surgery looked absolutely beautiful and healthy. I was amazed and I think Dr. Capella was, too. So again, I am surprised to be having some healing issues, or should I say possibly having healing issues. 

Do you love your face lift now? I am getting one next year and I have some serious concerns about my expectations versus what will be achieved. Regardless of whose photo gallery I look at, I cannot see the difference in the before and after pix. I like how much younger Jane Fonda looked after her facelift. That is what I want to get rid of my joweling, fat neck, marionette lines, nasal labial folds, down-turned mouth and look a whole lot younger. I am not sure that is possible.

Thanks again for sharing your experience. It is comforting to be reassured by your real world experience that my wounds are minor. I truly know that they are, but sometimes well meaning people say things about my wounds that lead me to get concerned. Cheers!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

cleos_mom
on 11/6/13 10:24 am, edited 11/6/13 10:25 am - phila., PA

My legs looked worse then they felt they didn't hurt it just made my knees weak to look at it. LOL

My PS has always said he couldn't believe how well I healed especially being diabetic, the face was just a fluke I have pictures on my OH site. I love my new face no chicken neck, I m 61 and I don't look it .

I m happy with all my plastics, the same person did it all, he is experienced in post WLS PS.

i am type 2 diabetic I take metformin

MyBariatricLife
on 11/6/13 10:38 am

I definitely see the improvements and you look much younger! I am going to the same surgeon for everything, as well. I've had my entire body lifted by Dr. Capella and now I need the breast implants and face/neck lift. Who did you go to? 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

cleos_mom
on 11/6/13 10:41 am, edited 11/6/13 10:48 am - phila., PA

Thanks

i had everything done except my breasts, when he did my brachioplasty and went under my arms and removed the bra fat he tightened up something on the side and my breasts are fine, actually since all y PS and my liposuction so my breasts have gotten much bigger, I don't have to shave under my arms or weaR deodorant anymore it is so weird

Most Active