Is this normal?

evilelf
on 12/12/12 8:19 am

Its been 1 month since my panni surgery, and i still have to wear bandages from where the drainage tubes came out (last tube came out 2 weeks ago). How long till this stops? Anybody a month out and still having the incision area still bleeding? I have an appointment with my surgeon next week, just wanted to know of this is normal.

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

Lesley G.
on 12/12/12 10:14 am - Allegan, MI

If it's just normal drainage, then it's fine. But if it starts to smell bad or look funky, call the doctor ASAP. My drain sites continued to ooze for a few weeks, and then one became infected -- that's why I recommend calling if you notice it doesn't look right.

Brooke F.
on 12/12/12 12:04 pm - CA
I had an area that bled slightly up until about a week and a half ago....I'm 7 weeks post op currently....I just kept that one little spot bandaged until it healed up.
acbbrown
on 12/12/12 12:05 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I had very mild leaking for a couple days after  I took my drains out. I taped a thin maxi pad over them and I think between that and the compression garment holding it tight, it closed up pretty quick. I think your experience is more normal though based on everything Ive read - the holes are pretty deep and take time to close up. You just want to watch for  signs of infections. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active