new to this forum

Linda B.
on 12/1/12 11:41 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I've been lurking on this forum for a while to read up a bit. I had VSG 9/13/12, and while I'm still very new in the journey, I have started my PS savings fund. I haven't even decided what I will eventually have fixed, but I figure it will be expensive so I should start the fund now. I'm pretty sure Kaiser won't cover anything I may need, so I already am planning for that issue. I'll continue to read the posts here so that I can be more prepared when the time comes.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

SweetLilyAnn
on 12/1/12 12:41 pm - TX

Hi Linda:  Yes, the best thing for you to do is research, research, research and oh yes....save LOL!!!  This site is so invaluable to your PS journey.  Thanks for posting.

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

pamkb
on 12/1/12 1:17 pm - Crestview, FL

Like you, PS was on my radar from the beginning and I saved 2 years for it.  I just had round 1 and will be going in for round 2 in 2 weeks.  I applaud you for starting your research now and listening to everyone' stories but remember your journey is your own.  Good Luck!!

I am creating my own revolution and PAMdemonium reigns!

RNY 11/16/2010

SW 270, CW 155, GW 135

1st 5k time 40:34 (Dec 2013)

Laura in Texas
on 12/1/12 9:43 pm

Good for you for starting to plan now. I know for me I would not be doing well mentally had I not gotten rid of the excess skin. For me it was definitely a necessity. I did what bothered me most first, which was my arms (the rest I could hide with shapewear). Then I did my lbl/bl later. Where there is a will, there is a way. Too many people just give up without a fight, which is a shame. My thighs are still a mess and I could use implants to fluff up my girls, but even if I never get anything else done, I am content.

Best wishes on your journey!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

pinkpeonies
on 12/2/12 1:14 am, edited 12/2/12 1:15 am
VSG on 04/23/12

LIke you, I'm early out too but have started lurking and saving $. I even went for a consult last week and boy, was it eye-opening. I wanted to get an idea of what the surgeon thought vs. what I thought and get some estimates from him. Still waiting for the estimates but I should get them this week. It's never too early to start saving and researching and thinking about where you want to end up. The photos they took...I still have mixed emotions about them. You see yourself in the mirror all the time but looking at photos of yourself without clothes on, against a grey wall, in unforgiving lighting...all I saw was a huge misshapen person instead of the progress I've made. It was tough. Interesting though. You don't see yourself in the mirror the way you do in photos--the photos make it easier to be objective about the problem areas you may not see on your own.

I have about 40 lbs. to go to the lower end of my goal. When I'm there, and have maintained for a while, I'll go back for another consult to decide where to start...and when.

Wishing you much luck and success on your journey! :)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

5/27/14 - Extended abdominoplasty with hernia and diastasis recti repair

12/20/14 - Breast reduction/mastopexy with bra line back lift

Kim S.
on 12/3/12 3:31 am - Helena, AL

This forum really helped me.  Welcome!

I'm a bit over 3 weeks out from LBL and BL.  Recovery is going very well-I'm back at the office today, and last week I worked from home.  I had my RNY May 2009 and honestly never thought I'd have plastic surgery.  I'm not against it, but I was not unhappy with how I looked.  I did have quite a bit of excess skin around my middle, but for the most part Spanx kept it hidden.  My issue was hygiene.  Every day in the summer I had to go home and change clothes and wash again because of the excessive sweat from the skin touching.  And, to top it off, my 7 inch navel kept getting infected.  I finally had enough-and decided to see a PS.  I'm not really known for doing ANYTHING 1/2 way!  I went in about my front, asked about my backside and decided after talking to my sister and reading posts here, to bite the bullet and do the LBL and BL.  I'm very glad I did it, and can't wait to see the final results!  It amazes me that when I sit now I don't have a puddle of skin in my lap!

Let us know if we can help in any way.

Most Active