3 weeks post surgery update

Shelly C.
on 8/21/12 8:24 pm - Alameda, CA
Yesterday I was able to get my last drain removed from the tummy tuck! Yeah, except now I will have to watch for a seroma. I was borderline on the cc's draining, but the risk of infection keeping the drain in longer vs a seroma had to be weighed.

I had a few more stiches removed from the left arm, and all the stiches on the righ arm except the pit. All in all the arms are healing very well. The numbness and swelling on the left arm still persists from the elbow down the forwarm. On the right arm the armpit had to have more external stiches (i have 3 layers, the most external pulled through) hopefully they come out next week.

Breast lift and Aug, not really pain, but I am allergic to most tapes, so underneatheth at the T has persistant wounds which I am trying to keep dry., but with the bra and arm garment constantly in contact, I think those scabs will take longer to heal.

The tummy tuck scabs have almost all healed, my doc used internal stiches for the most part so the cut line is very small and healing wondefully, I will be able to try scar treatments next week,  I will have to test silicone to see if I am allergic, otherwise scar creams will be my best friend.

By far the most painful part has been coughing (4 layers of muscle sutures) I can almost stand up straight, laying flat is not comfortable, so and on my side painful, I think for the lipo. As soon as wounds are completely healed my doc is treating me to velashape to help with the lipo lumps on my back, hips and flank.

I hope I can talk them into doing my thighs. Literally, I have went up 2 pant sizes because everything shifted downward. 

Doc says 6weeks/6months are the majic numbers. He'd better be right!

Extended Tummy Tuck w lipo/Muscle Repair // BL/Aug // Arm Lift Aug 2012
teachmid
on 8/22/12 4:07 am - OKC, OK
Thanks for your update. Sounds like all is going well.

I'm 5 weeks out from a TT and hernia repair. I know what you mean about everything shifting down. Ugh! I wasn't able to lie on my side until the last few days. So it sounds like our recovery is similar.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Most Active