So much restriction since tummy tuck!

Anne D.
on 5/29/12 5:35 am
Since my tummy tuck 6 days ago I have so much restriction it's like a new baby sleeve all over again! I can only eat about one ounce of hamburger, and that's it. I was able before to eat about 3 ounces and a little veggies. I am adding in more protein shakes to make sure my protein levels stay high for healing. I have also discovered little toddler tights with the feet cut off are easier to put on than my ace bandages. The doctor said I don't have to put anything on my arms if I don't want to, but the compression feels better.

siberiancat
on 5/29/12 6:06 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I am one year post fleur-de-lis abdominoplasty, and I have never regained being able to eat the quantity I could eat pre-TT.

I eat about 1/2 the quantity and I feel so full, bloated and nauseated.  My abdominal muscles are so tight that they are still aching and sometimes sore.  My plastic surgeon said that he did so much muscle "work" that I will feel achy for 18 months post op.  My upper and lower abdomen are very flat.

I have lost more weight and am 12 pounds under my goal weight.
 (I've lost 7 pounds since the TT).

I find I have to eat protein powder in a hot drink or in greek yogurt or a green smoothie for some meal replacements because I just don't feel like I can eat.

I make sure to get in 90 gm protein a day and try to stay around 1000-1200 calories a day - good nutrition (no refined, processed or fast foods.)

Best wishes.  Penny
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

jlyn412
on 5/29/12 7:47 am - Atlanta, GA
That is so interesting. I wonder if this happens to a lot of people? Toddler tights? Are you talking about for your arms? Just out of curiosity, I am having my arms done on the 15th and have been looking into compression sleeves for them, is there any particular reason you had ace bandages/toddler tights instead?

TT/TL/AL/BL with Aug 6/15/2012! Looking good so far!

kb64
on 5/29/12 7:50 am - Clarksville , TN
I agree. I had VSG surgery also and my stomach is tighter now than a yr ago I think. part of that is I didnt feel like eating for about 2 weeks after. Im now 3 weeks out and my appetite is finallycoming back. last night I ate a small hamburger patty no bun and small ear of corn and I thought I was gonna be sick. It really shouldnt have been too much but is, which Im considering a blessing. I have now lost 12 lbs since surgery

HW 270/ SW 255/ CW 210/GW 180

Kellawanda
on 5/29/12 8:04 am, edited 5/29/12 8:04 am
VSG on 06/04/09 with
 I can eat significantly more than most sleevers....but I can also agree that following my LBL I didnt necessarily feel "restricted" but my feeling of "satisfied" came much sooner than it has over the past few years. I even got the "runny nose" that I used to get the 1st few weeks after being sleeved which I realized back then was my full signal. So yes, I believe having this done does slightly effect the amount of food we can eat, or for myself the amount of food that makes me feel satisfied.

Secondly.......Ive had no appetite for the majority of the first 2 weeks. Ive made myself eat cuz I know I need to. Everyone pushes protein but Ive also been eating tons of fruit in addition to the protein cuz our bodies need phytochemicals and vitamins to heal as well! :)
www.youtube.com/kellawanda <---check out my vlog of my progress

VSG 6/4/2009: I'm 5'4",   HW 242,   SW 234,   CW 155.  Size 6 generally.

PS with Dr. Agha 5/14/2012 - LBL, Arm lift, fat transfer to (_:_) 
pagek77
on 5/29/12 8:28 am
 I had RNY but being almost 2 weeks out, I've still not regained my appetite. I think the first few days, I did feel more restriction that I hadn't felt in a long time. Instead of just 1 shake a day, I've been drinking 2-3 to make sure my protein levels stay up. Hope you have a good recovery!

Anne D.
on 5/29/12 8:59 am
Jlyn, my doctor wraps the arms in ace bandages for a few days, then he says you don't need to keep them wrapped or compression sleeves unless you want to. My arms were swollen for about 3 days but not any more. I like the slight compression though, somehow it feels " safer" like more protected if that makes sense. I got the idea of toddler tights from someone else on here a while back. I had a bunch so just cut off the leg parts. They work great and the compression sleeves are very expensive.

Debra Welker
on 5/29/12 11:27 am - Kaukauna, WI
From what I understand the reason we cant eat as much after the TT is because the swelling pushes on out pouch and makes us feel full. I to cant eat alot at one time but I eat more often during the day, but always start my day with a protein shake. It keeps me full and gives me a good start to getting enough protein in.
jlyn412
on 5/30/12 7:15 am - Atlanta, GA

Well, I guess I will find out if it happens to me in 16 days! I am getting super excited and nervous all at the same time. I can't wait to share my experiences too! You all have been so great sharing yours, I want to be able to pay it forward after my surgery as well!

TT/TL/AL/BL with Aug 6/15/2012! Looking good so far!

dommiepa
on 6/1/12 8:50 am, edited 6/1/12 8:58 am - Towanda, PA
yep, for 2 weeks after my corsettrunkplasty, the only food I could get down was protein shakes and yogurt, in very small amounts.  I am back to like a new pouch, very small portions.  The first 4 days, even fluid would not go down, my skin was so tight over my pouch.

Yvonne.    To thine own self be true.     hw 432/ sw 352/ cw196.8/gw 200  RNY 8/11/10 Corsettrunkplasty & thigh lipo 5/16/2012.

Most Active