How long does it take for the swelling to go away after TT

Debra Welker
on 5/15/12 3:32 am - Kaukauna, WI
I had my TT 2 weeks ago today, have both drains out and most of the staples. I still cant get into any of my regular pants even the larger ones, how long does this take? I have been wearing elastic waist pants when I am out of the house and pajama pants in the house. I look alot flatter but can see that its swollen. Deb
godzilla
on 5/15/12 6:11 am - Israel
Individual but prob why we also often wear a binder for a few weeks.
Many complain of swelling by the evening.
Hopefully others will chime in.
Mikimi in Israel
Jmbrown081
on 5/16/12 8:51 am
I'm 12 weeks out from an LBL, and I'm painfully swollen. Its gotten worse recently. I hear the swelling can last off and on for about six months to a year :(
Debra Welker
on 5/16/12 10:53 am - Kaukauna, WI
Thats not good, was hopeing to get into some of my shorts and crop pants soon, ugh
pagek77
on 5/16/12 11:40 pm
 Just had a tummy tuck yesterday and my surgeon said in a month, the swelling will be about 30% and then a couple more months for the rest of the swelling to go down.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/16/12 11:43 pm
 I really think it has a lot to do with how much fat you have on your body after surgery. Maybe I am wrong but when I had my first surgery when I was much further from my goal weight I was swelling a lot even a year out. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

kb64
on 5/24/12 2:02 am - Clarksville , TN
TT May 7, I still have some swelling but it looks great. My PS said Im ahead of the game in that area, so I assume that means he expected me to be more swollen. I wore abdominal binder 24 hrs a day for 2 weeks and now Im allowed to have it off just at night for 2 more weeks. Then on to spanks
Most Active