Home from TT

jennkitt
on 5/2/12 3:17 pm - MI
Good news, I can now pee!  A tip that I use on my postpartum women, use a peri bottle (since I didn't have one at home, I used an old water bottle that had a pull out top), fill it with warm water and gently spray it on your bottom, it really helps you to pee!
I currently have insomnia.... even with pain meds can't fall asleep, my have to brave the bed, don't know if I can sleep in the recliner.
HW: 305, Consult: 285, Day of surg:261

kathkeb
on 5/2/12 5:16 pm
I took 1/2 my allowed pain med, and a benedryl with each dose and it really helped me sleep.

Years ago when I had my wisdom teeth out, the oral surgeon recommended that , said the it extends the life of the pain med and let's us rest.

I don't know if that will help you, but maybe.

So glad you were able to pee!! And I totally agree on the 'seeing the mons' thing ...... It amazed me too.

You are going to love your results, I still look in awe at my flat belly.

It hp has been so worth the discomfort and truly reinforces my commitment to eat well and exercise so I never go back to where I was 3 years ago.
Kath

JustLookingToo
on 5/2/12 3:30 pm - AL
Hope you are sound asleep by now. I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well. I'm scheduled for a TT on June 5th, so accounts like yours give me hope that the recovery won't be too bad. I'm sure you'll wake up sore tomorrow, but hope you are able to have a great day and that your recovery continues to go well.

sharonleanne
on 5/2/12 7:29 pm
Congratulations you must feel so much better. Pain meds make me hyper and give me insomnia too. I am going to have to remember the bendryl trick. ;-)
Debra Welker
on 5/3/12 10:49 am - Kaukauna, WI
Hi I had mine on tuesday and had to stay 2 nights and get 3 blood transfusions because my count was so low after. Was and is very painful, do you have staples? I have a ton, looks like a train tracks, Deb
samiamiam
on 5/4/12 12:35 pm
How are you feeling today. Does the fleur de lis heal the same, slower, faster?

Hope you are doing great still.

T.
jennkitt
on 5/4/12 10:32 pm - MI
T-Feeling ok today, some pain with movements, but otherwise really well controlled with the pain meds.  Kinda bored.

jennkitt
on 5/4/12 10:30 pm - MI
Deb, sorry you are having a rough time!  That sucks.  No, no staples, sutures for me.

Most Active