Consult today, set my dates!

JustLookingToo
on 4/8/12 5:04 pm - AL
That's interesting. I was originally scheduled for a breast lift with tummy tuck, and was scheduled for three hours in the OR. Six seems long, but maybe your work is more complex than mine or something. I already have small breasts, and my tummy only has a couple of inches of "overlap". I don't have any stretch marks or hernias, or old scars (except two C-section bikini cuts), or any complicating factors.

Also, my surgeon's staff brags that she can "do a tummy tuck in 30 minutes", so I guess maybe that's one reason for the shorter surgical time. Not sure how long it normally takes to do a tummy tuck. Maybe most surgeons do them in thirty minutes. Not sure. I'm now scheduled for the tummy tuck only (I had my facelift surgeon remove my old saline implants that were giving me trouble, and my breasts are "ok" for now), and am scheduled for an hour of OR time. I do know that many, if not most, surgeons will do the two surgeries together, but it depends on how much skin you have to remove and other complicating factors. Your overall health is a huge factor in how long a doctor will keep you under for surgery, too. I was under General for six hours for my facelift, but they also use a lot of locals that allow them to lighten the meds and reduce risk. Eight hours seems VERY long for a TT and BL, IMO, but what do I know?

Most Active