Consult today, set my dates!

Anne D.
on 4/2/12 12:20 pm
I thought I would join you all over here on this board. I had my consult today and set dates for two surgeries. Extended tummy tuck and brachioplasty end of May, then BL/BA end of July. He said I won't need any lipo as it is mostly just skin. I'm so excited I can't believe it!

PBJ
on 4/2/12 1:36 pm
I remember when I got the date and it was all set....it became very real to me and I was very excited!  This is such a great end to the WLS journey.  This PS forum is a great place to learn so much about the PS part of the journey...it is a tough part but so worth it!

good luck to you.

I too had an extended Tummy tuck with lipo and couldn't be happier with my results!  I am not going to lie to you...it was a tough 10 days for me but now I am thrilled with my results.

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
samiamiam
on 4/3/12 10:29 am
Hello, my name is Teresa and I had a gastric bypass by dr. oh in 2004. I lost 150 pounds and at five feet ten inches I was in a size four. However, I looked way to thin. I looked like a skeleton. I gained 25 pounds and like how I look. I do not want to lose more weight, however, I probably have 10-15 inches I would like taken off of my tummy. I have a tummy tuck scheduled for June 10th and I am scared to death that after the surgery that I might be incapacitated for three months or moreJ. I would really appreciate it if you all would share your story with me. The good, the bad and the ugly. I am worried about the result and if I get an infection. I have applied for credit to pay for the surgery but if there are complications or infections etc I do not know how to pay for that.   Sincerely, Teresa
JustLookingToo
on 4/2/12 1:38 pm - AL
Congratulations on you date! I'm three weeks out of a full facelift, and have a TT scheduled for June 7th. It's all very exciting. I can't even tell you how happy I am to be rid of my ugly neck. Now, it's time to tackle the belly. I need arms, too, but I'll wait on that. Glad to hear that you have things lined up and ready to go. Good for you!

samiamiam
on 4/3/12 10:30 am
my tt is on june tenth. are you nervous. do you know how long we will be in pain.

teresa
JustLookingToo
on 4/8/12 4:55 pm - AL
I'm not nervous at all about the surgery, but it's probably more normal for a person to be nervous going into surgery. I am not AT ALL looking forward to the recovery, though. I'm using a well-qualified surgeon, and I'm having surgery in a hospital with a one night stay, so I've done what I can to reduce the risk of surgical complications.

I've had two c-sections, and if the pain is similar, I sort of know what to expect (except this TT should be much "tighter", and I've already been warned by the doc that she goes very tight and that I should expect to walk bent over for a good while).

I just had a full facelift in Costa Rica a month ago, and the recovery from that has been MUCH easier than I expected. I'm 52 years of age, and expected the effects of a six hour surgery to be much more difficult to recover from. I had no pain at all, other than a sore throat for about three days from the tubes used in my throat during surgery.

This TT will be much more painful. Of that, I am sure! We'll get through it, though. What's two or three weeks of pain when compared to a lifetime of not having to deal with the flab!

Did I read that you are also 5'10" tall? Me, too. We will both be just fine. I look forward to following your recovery.

Lee ~
on 4/2/12 2:33 pm - CA
 Congratulations!  Be excited and eat lots of protein.  Take all your vitamins, exercise and get as strong as you can to make your recovery as easy as possible!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Looking_Forward
on 4/2/12 9:12 pm
 Congratulations! Read, read & read some more. That's what I did & it made my recovery so much easier.
Cindy

Jmbrown081
on 4/2/12 11:38 pm
 Congratulations!!!! It's so exciting after the date is set. Just keep looking forwards, and reading up on things so that you can feel prepared for your recovery! It's well worth it!
samiamiam
on 4/3/12 10:25 am
My doctor told me that I would need to have the tummy tuck and breast lift seperately so I was not in surgery for eight hours and that this was a safer option. what did your surgeon tell you. Are you nervious? I am scared to death

sincerely,
teresa
Most Active