Two months.... Buyers remorse

gwbp
on 12/19/11 9:08 am
 Yep, thats about it.  Extended TT w/ inner thigh lift.    This not what I thought it woud be...  I  feel pretty low about the money forked out and the fact I still have a muffin top.   UGH!
Just didnt expect this.  Too much loose skin still.   I will take the before back.    So dissapointed in results.  I am interested to har her remarks tomorrow.. Is this normal?  Does anyone else have regret?????    Gwyn
Down 165 lbs. as of May 21.
newalpha
on 12/19/11 10:30 am
It really makes you wonder about the thought process of some Doc's in this arena. I had a 360 and mini medial to address actual minimal(very) skin laxness in hopes of over killing the situation. I'm seeing areas (hamstrings, lower back, and pubic area) that I hope will improve with time. I felt my case was very straight forward in completing.
Laura in Texas
on 12/19/11 11:57 pm
I'm sorry you are not happy with your results. Did you have a post-op appointment today? What did your surgeon say?

Maybe you will feel better when the swelling goes down. I'm 6 months out and have been thrilled with my results since day 1. No regrets here.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Crazeru
on 12/20/11 7:57 am
I would discuss this with your surgeon.  I know that Dr Sauceda said I can have you look good standing or sitting, but not both.  I had quite a muffin top and between the lipo and the LBL, it does look so much better.  Now, just my boobs stick out, not the boobs, then the muffin top and then the loose skin.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Jujuvee
on 12/20/11 10:34 am
Does your doctor offer revisions. I'm 6 weeks out and albeit look WAY better  I was told that due to my pre existing old school gallbladder scar that I will need a revision due to scar tissue ( or something like that) So he will do a revision at his cost next year. I will have to pay anestesia and any hospital fees though so I am going to tie it in with a thighplasty and a lift on these things that are suppose to be boobs but look like dead jelly fish!

He also noticed (as did I) that my left arm needs more work and will make both arms more semetrical during my revision.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

gwbp
on 12/20/11 1:16 pm
 Had  a good appt. today.  I aske dr. if she thought the results were satisfactory.   she responded the loose skin imust be frustrating.  She said the loose skin is "profound" .  She offered to tighten just above the horizontal incescion line.   She also mentioned a skin condition I could have that only leave me in the same place as now.  She' consulting a dermaitaligist  about this..  I  told her I feel disfigured.    I go back in 2 - 3 months .  I only hope the loose skin doesnt get worse.  Short cut:  Yes.  A revision is in order.  I dont know if I can do it again.  Words to the wise:    Its a BIG recovery.
Down 165 lbs. as of May 21.
crishsapig
on 12/21/11 10:47 am - Fortuna, CA
Something very important to know is that a lot of PS will need revisions even if it's done well. Our skin is just damaged and there's a fine line when it comes to the PS removing too much and not enough. No one wants healing issues and that can happen and in a very bad way if too much skin is removed. I had to have revsions on just about everything at least once. I just combined them with other procedures. I had my outer thighs revised I think it was 3 times. Things are tight when the surgery is performed and then the skin can loosen up in a matter of weeks. Think of a deflated latex balloon. That's us 
newalpha
on 12/21/11 11:06 am
Cris, thanks for your post(s).

Steve
crishsapig
on 12/21/11 1:33 pm - Fortuna, CA
On December 21, 2011 at 7:06 PM Pacific Time, newalpha wrote:
Cris, thanks for your post(s).

Steve
 How freaky. My ex-husband's name is Steve/Walton and he had WLS too! 
Lee ~
on 12/22/11 1:29 am - CA
 Hijack!  Hey, I had Dr. Baggs for my sleeve surgery.  Love him!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active