Tricare and plastics

PaulaS
on 12/8/11 1:20 am - TX
I don't think I will be eligible for plastics under Tricare, but wondered if anyone who has Tricare has had plastics done at a MTF and paid for them.    If so, how much did they run at a MTF.
Any info appreciated.   
I would love to get rid of the turkey neck I now have as well as inflate my breasts rather than leaving them the pancakes they are now!

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
Lori R.
on 12/9/11 5:01 am - Manhattan, KS

I have Tricare and they denied me a pani.  They said that the skin I have hanging isn't enough to interfere with my daily life, nor is it enough to cause my degenerated discs and more issues (yeah, right).  I gave up on trying to get them to cover anything.

I did have them cover a breast reduction surgery 16 years ago, but it was purely a reduction for medical reasons.  It's ironic that eventually I will have to have impants to feel better about myself.

Hope you have better luck than I did...

Annie_Marie
on 12/9/11 12:43 pm
Hi!  I have TriCare Prime Remote.  I lived remotely in New Mexico.  TriCare paid for my panni in Scottsdale.  I had to pick up the bill for the motel room for two weeks in January/Feburary though.  I had a few complications during those two weeks. 

TriCare approved a breast reduction, but I ended up paying out of pocket for a lift and implants.  Dr. Scot Martin, in Las Cruces, NM does implants for $3,200.  Mine was around ten. 

For my turkey neck, I've been eating Biotin and Collagen, and putting gobs of neck cream on it in an upward and outward direction.  I've had one eMatrix session, which was TOTALLY Amazing!  It worked wonders!  I am supposed to go back this month, but cannot afford it ($1,500 per session).  Five sessions are recommended.  Last month I had a Laser Skin Tightening session.  I wasn't too impressed with it. 

Next, I'm saving up for lipo.  There's a place in Henderson, NV that does it for $1199.00 per section, and another place in Phoenix that does it for $1195 per section.  The place in Phoenix requires a min of 3 areas.

People keep telling me that the hospitals on base do the plastic for free, yet none of these people had it done...I'm thinking that it is just the rumor mill.
babyface12
on 12/13/11 10:39 pm
I have Tricare Prime and I was able to get my full tummy tuck with muscle repair.  At first Doctor's office assumed they were only going to pay for panni so I had to pay out of pocket initially for the full surgery then tricare ended up covering it all.  So I was reimbursed.  I had over 7lbs of skin removed.  I am still looking into doing the boobs but thats another day!!  Good luck!!
mxekin65
on 12/21/11 11:36 am
I have TriCare Prime, my panni was covered, I had that done in July 2010, then in Nov 2010, I had breast reduction, that ws covered too.  I would have much rather had a Tummy tuck but that may happen in the future if all goes well in reference to meeting the criteria.

Don't say anything unkind, untrue, or unnecessary.

Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith ...
it is the price of love.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/OH_Rox_Round_Rock_SG/
Most Active