LOSING WEIGHT AFTER PLASTICS

philliesphan
on 10/1/11 11:09 pm
Great work by you !!!

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

Crazeru
on 9/30/11 9:35 am
I had the DS 3.5 yrs ago for my diabetes, lost 65lbs and stopped, but I was a light-weight.  I'm in a size 9 and 8lbs from "normal" BMI.  I was weight stable for 2 yrs and had plastics.  Most of the time I'm between 139-144.  I did get down to 136, then right back up.  Even though I had 3lbs of skin removed and a liter of fat, no difference in my size.  I'm still a size 9, but now I have to wear a belt to keep my jeans up.

Before my PS, I tried to lose some weight with the HGC diet, but had to modify it for the DS... can't live on a 500 calorie diet w/DS.  I was starving... although it worked great for most of my extended family that used it.  I can wear most medium tops now, instead of large.  I started West Coast Swing classes in April and am out 2-4 nights a week.

The image boost to my self-esteem with the PS put it over the top.  I feel sexy now both in and out of my clothes. Watch out world! 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

pixielee
on 9/30/11 10:37 am - Twinsburg, OH
Well put Chris!  It is about feeling sexy in your own skin.  Each person has to determine their own goal wieght and when plastics is right for them.  I have lost 140 pounds and am at a comfortable weight for me. My surgeon is Okay with the weigh I am at also.  It is working for me!

Kate

philliesphan
on 10/1/11 11:07 pm, edited 10/1/11 11:10 pm
Oddly enough I lost 10 lbs since TT/LBL 6 wks ago - not counting the skin. It feels like can't eat as much with flat new stomach, or maybe it's the tightness, or maybe it's psychological....  My PS said 10 lbs up or down is not likely to make a difference.  At this point I'd like to build lean body mass via strenth training. I'm 10 lbs under goal right now - goal as determined by me not BMI  SO far have not seen the return of saggy skin. 

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

Jujuvee
on 10/2/11 5:26 am
Thanks for all the reply's. On a personal note I am very happy at my weight, I do not fit into a chart on a doctors wall but I always have been a fan of a thicker gal. I'm going for that pin up girl look. I have so much skin that I have no idea what size I will end up after it's all said and done I just hope I do a good job maintaining and don't suddenly drop or gain 20. Coming from over 400 pounds and being a pro at eating around my lapband I think I'm a success!!

The clock is ticking and I am definitely ready for the next phase of my life. Maintaining)

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

Lee ~
on 10/2/11 6:43 am - CA
You are an incredible success!  How many people have shed that amount of weight with a band?  Not very many that I know of.  Congratulations on a great recovery with your band!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/11 3:08 am
That is incredible weight loss for a lap-band, my hat is off to you. I know 4 people with lap-bands and 2 of the 4 have gained back half the weight they lost. One of them is the bariatric coordinator for a local hospital, you have greater will power than I do.

Good luck on your surgery,
Bubba
ilse72
on 10/11/11 9:43 am - AL
If you are close to your goal weight, having plastics shoudl not ruin your results.

I had the opposite problem.  I had to gain 10 pounds before I could have my plastics because my BMI was only 18.5  Now I am trying to lose those 10 pounds and having a terrible time doing it.  I sure wish I hadn't had to gain it because my body seems to want to stay here now.  :(

Height 5'1"  ~~~   Current weight 98 pounds.
Surgeon's goal 118 pounds (met March 18, 2009). 
My goal 105 pounds, met July 15, 2009.
Most Active