nasolabial lines- Juvederm!

Cynthia L.
on 9/25/11 11:38 pm - Clarence, NY

I do my fillers once a year and think it's the best money spent for the entire year!  I only use one vial, mostly used around mouth and nose, with a little bit under the eye/cheekbone area.  I plan in having a facelift done in a few years, but until then, I do what I can.

I start with a pass of the laser to the face to "top off" the work I've had done before, regarding sun damage. I also get a few zaps on my nose to work on those little red veins.  These little guys are harder to get rid of, since they often just reroute.

I have had face, chest and forearms done, with wonderful results.  The arms were the only areas that felt like a sunburn afterwards. 

I'd been a sun worshipper all my years and this really has helped, pretty much removing all brown spots.  Yes, my arms are still pretty lizardy, but at least the brown spots are gone.

Better living through chemistry!

-Cyn

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

ChaChaCha
on 9/29/11 10:43 am - Cleveland, OH
 Amen to Juvederm...had it done a week ago around my nasolabials.  Plastic surgeon used 2 vials.  He numbed the inside of my mouth with shots that completely numbed it.  Thank god.  Plus, there was a numbing agent in the Juvederm as well.  This is very important to ask about because not all doctors go to this extent to numb the area so be sure you ask ahead of time.  I did experience some bruising that took 6 days to disappear but thankfully MAC has a great concealer and that helped immensely.  I am completely thrilled with my results and will get it done every 6-9 months along with the Botox in my forehead.  The reason I had the Juvederm done was because I had lost so much volume in my face after losing 130 lbs.  I love it. 
          "We live in a society where it's more socially acceptable to be a junkie than it is to be overweight."     --CC Deville, guitarist for Poison    
Saudb
on 9/26/11 12:58 pm
Just sent you a friend request. Please add me. I am excited to see your results.

greenbaygirl
on 9/26/11 1:37 pm - Hobart, WI
Hi,

I too, want to see your results.  Heading toward facelift....in the thinking about it stage.  Please add me as a friend.

Laura in Texas
on 9/26/11 7:53 pm
I'm considering it, too. Thanks for sharing!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

philliesphan
on 9/26/11 10:32 pm
Aren't you glad you posted this??? 

I too would love to try fillers in my face.  Juvederm is the one for the folds between nose & mouth right? I've had botox once or twice for crows feet but wow - the only thing I miss about my fat face was youthfulness.  I would love to see your pics too if that's ok.  

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

Kimmes
on 9/27/11 10:32 am
I have friended everyone that asked. Thanks all....I was wondering if anyone else had done this. While it is a temporary fix it is relatively inexpensive and lasts about a year. I love it - I am also going to get a couple of Skinmedica peels 1 in Oct and one in Nov - to try to get my tired looking skin - a little fresher looking.

I am saving to perhaps get a tummy tuck - although my honey and friends say my tummy is not that bad... no folds or rolls just wrinkly skin. I would really like my "girls" refilled - lets just say I am deflated!

Right now until I meet goal and remain there for about 6 months I am going to save $$$$ and focus on maintaining my weight and getting used to the new me!

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active