nasolabial lines- Juvederm!

Kimmes
on 9/24/11 12:55 am, edited 9/24/11 12:56 am
I am about 7 pounds from my final goal - and I have noticed lately that I look "older and tired" when I look in the mirror.  What I saw was this extra skin on my face that was sagging because of the weight I lost.  These long deep lines that the dr at my spa called nasolabial
folds.

I have them and call them the Grand Canyons.  I had a SkinMedica peel at the spa I got to along with a facial hoping this would improve my skin texture and not make my skin look so ashy and gray -I think my skin looks pinker and healthier but  - those lines remain.  Sooooooo

I asked my doctor who owns the spa about Juvedern.  He thought is would definately help with those terrible folds.  He thought it would take 2 vials - at $595 each ouch.  But suggested we start with just one and see how it works.  I was sold.

I had the injections on Thursday this week and LOVE LOVE LOVE the results.  Yes I know it is temporary but I can certainly afford to do this once a year or until I break down and get a face lift.  One vial did the job - he said that he would not recommend that I do any more in those canyons.  But maybe I do some under my eyes. I am considering that.  I will post pictures of my before and after later this weekend.  I just wanted to share my excitement  - what an immediate change it made!  And I mean immediate - wow talk about instant gradification!  No pain or bruising for me either!

Has anyone else here had any experience with fillers such as juvederm?  Now I am considering botox on my forehead.....  I am going to do another SkinMedica peel in October - a little stronger one called the Vitalize peel - I think that will continue to help with the texture of my skin.  

I lost all this weight and wanted to looker better and healthier - not old and grey!  I know its vain of me
- thank goodness my husband is so supportive.  Because it is an MD doctor who owns the spa and does all the injections my hubby is fine with all of this.  He also thinks the juvederm made me look younger - and said that when momma is happy - daddy is too!

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

jtsmom02
on 9/24/11 3:52 am - Mineola, TX
I haven't done any of this but I'm considering it in the future.  Happy to hear you are happy with your results!!!

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY
(Dr Charles Beall, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
5/13/11 Cholecystectomy, extended abdominoplasty (anchor cut), and mastopexy
(Dr Charles Beall and Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
8/26/11 Abdominoplasty revision
(Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/11 4:54 am
OMG!!!! I have been thinking the same exact thing!!! I would love to see your results!! Im very excited to know that this worked for you and now Im thinking about it more seriously!!! thanks for this post!!!
Saudb
on 9/24/11 7:52 am, edited 9/24/11 7:53 am
Thanks for posting. I am a VSG'er, too. I am trying to figure out what to do about my lines as well. Please post your results this sounds much better than a facelift. I am still on the fence about a tummy tuck in November . Hoping for some insight.

Kimmes
on 9/24/11 9:08 am
I will post b4 and after tomorrow  - we are at our cabin this weekend and I do not have access to my photo files.  The more I look at my face the more I like it.  Very happy with the results.  It is a good temporary solution until a face lift - or maybe I will just stick with this,

Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

enaebmik
on 9/26/11 10:52 am
I would love to see your photos.  Can you add me as a friend?

Thanks,
Kim
enaebmik
on 9/25/11 11:26 am
I would love to see the before/afters...did you post them?

Kim
Kimmes
on 9/25/11 1:17 pm
 I am having problems posting them - you can look at them on my profile - I added you as a friend.  I posted a before and after there 

Start weight 239.8/Su

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 1:56 pm
add me to I would love to see the results!!! I could use a few years taken off my face!!! lol
Kimmes
on 9/25/11 8:44 pm
 I just added you too.

Start weight 239.8/Su

Most Active